• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren's arraignment

Started by Kat Kanning, September 25, 2006, 05:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

He said it was still happening.

David

In the protest signs and the press releases it may be usefull to point out the tripling of the bail as if she was a horrendously dangerous person, like a bank robber or mobster intent on hurting someone. 
It certainly shows the gov'ts zealosness in prosecution of someone protesting a past legal act of Theft.  Gee, I wonder why the gov't is taking this so...personal.  (Maybe so they can do it again)

Dave Ridley

after listening to john's FTL account of what happend in court...

What about the idea of causing some minor disturbance in the courtroom?    Something big enough to get you thrown out but not big enough to get you arrested...

John

When the court thing was over, I made a point of puting on my hat while still in the courtroom (out of disrespect) & thowing on my jacket - back to the judge.  The back of my jacket says "REVOLUTION" - well it's just a NE Revolution jacket (but who would know)?   >:D  (very small measures, but that was today)

tracysaboe

Quote from: Roger Grant on September 25, 2006, 01:24 PM NHFT
She has been given over to the mental health system.

That's not a good sign. We live in an age where the accusation of insanity can put you in the custody of de facto witch doctors.

Tracy

John

You are right in recognizing Lauren Ann Canario's current danger.  They did this to her fully knowing what they are doing.  It is a brutal form of "current & accepted practices" - just clinical studies, don't you know.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: tracysaboe on September 26, 2006, 01:02 AM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on September 25, 2006, 01:24 PM NHFT
She has been given over to the mental health system.

That's not a good sign. We live in an age where the accusation of insanity can put you in the custody of de facto witch doctors.

before standing trial you have to be determined to be competent to stand trial.

without her communicating how is the judge able to determine that she is competent to stand trial?

JonM

If the crime is bogus, why have a trial?  They are exercising power in arresting her that need not be exercised.  The scope of her punishment has already exceeded the requirements due by her actions.  It is only her refusal to bow down to the power of the state that keeps her in prison.  Were she to play along, she would be walking free.  As she did last time, she illustrates our own illusion of freedom by stepping outside the lines.

Russell Kanning

It would be best for him to throw out the charges and

Free Lauren

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Jon Maltz on September 26, 2006, 09:20 AM NHFT
If the crime is bogus, why have a trial?  They are exercising power in arresting her that need not be exercised.  The scope of her punishment has already exceeded the requirements due by her actions.  It is only her refusal to bow down to the power of the state that keeps her in prison.  Were she to play along, she would be walking free.  As she did last time, she illustrates our own illusion of freedom by stepping outside the lines.

what is your understanding of the crime she is being charged with?

JonM

Quote from: FrankChodorov on September 26, 2006, 09:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jon Maltz on September 26, 2006, 09:20 AM NHFT

what is your understanding of the crime she is being charged with?
I saw the video of what she did.  The state can come up with all manner of crimes.  As with Russell the most prevalent is "failure to obey the state" -- in this case interfering with police.  She was reading a book, so I'm not sure how that was interfering with police.  They also charged her with criminal trespass.  So she was illegally on stolen property?  Just because the SCOTUS said it was ok, doesn't make it right.  She may or may not be guilty of criminal trespass, but once she was removed from the property she was no longer doing that.  I fail to see in the video how she interfered with police.  One should not be required to actively participate in bringing oneself to harm.

Spencer

Where I practice criminal defense, the court appoints an attorney for anyone in custody.  The attorney then meets with the client and determines whether the client is so out there that s/he cannot aid and assist.  It is a VERY low threshold, by the way.  I have had probably about 2,500 clients in my 3 year legal career and have A&A'd three of them.  Two of them were out-of-custody and we arranged for the assessment to be done out-of-custody.

I NEVER want my clients to be in jail, and my goal is to get (and keep) them out.

I don't know why the court -- except out of pure spite -- would order her held on minor charges for an aid and assist determination in one month rather than follow the procedure that I outlined above.

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

David

A horrifying thought.  The more I read.  The more I pay attention to current events.  The more I see the direct road, that nazi Germany followed.  Germany is not made up of insane people.  But rather people who believed thay had the legitimized right to have some power over others.  Of course those others resist.  And those who believe they have power over others, find ways to get back that power.   :'(