• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Real ID raid" on Department of Safety in Concord

Started by Dave Ridley, September 25, 2006, 06:21 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

This was one of the less interesting of our peacefull raids on Sept. 22, but probably still of some interest.  Basically I just went inside the Department of Safety offices on Hazen and stood there for fifteen minutes with the same sign I used on the Bass and Gregg folks:

Real ID is wrong.
Why are you forcing
it on us?
NHfree.com

It wasn't a great location to get seen by a lot of people.   Two people came up to me and asked questions.  The first was a fairly friendly bureaucrat-lady who said they stood to get three million bucks from Real ID acceptance and "you know how they are about that."  I handed her the flyer.  She said the Commissioner must not have spotted you yet.  She said they had a whole police barracks there and they would be all over me for standing there.

Then a guy in construction garb came by and said I should be over at the DMV protesting, not the D.O.S.   However I was at the hearing where D.O.S. rep Earl Sweeny spoke in favor of Real ID acceptance.   I handed this construction guy a flyer too, and when he couldn't get me to talk he told me my fly was open LOL.   That one I didn't fall for.

Eventually a suit came out and told me to leave, but displayed no rancor.  I left in the usuall way; but he didn't stick around to see if I complied.

Cathleen and I headed over to the DMV as planned, and when we got there we learned that our quickly generated reputations had already preceded us!   More on that later

Russell Kanning