• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mark is "bored".

Started by FTL_Ian, September 10, 2006, 10:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Denis, is there a thread specifically about your calling campaign?  I don't want to clutter this one with off topic posts.

Here are the results of my calls:

Suzanne Butcher explained that she believes taxes should be "balanced", which means she supports sales and income taxes.  She also supports redistribution of wealth by the state for schools.  She asked if I thought schools should be locally funded, and I told her I thought they should be voluntarily funded, which she of course disagreed with.

Christopher Coates - No answer, so I emailed.

Timothy Dunn - Left message.

Peter Espiefs - Left message.

Kris Roberts - Against both taxes, agreeable on education as well.

Tim Robertson - 18 minute conversation where he essentailly accused me of being a terrible person because I'm a Libertarian.  He believes the world would fall apart were it not for taxes and government.  Tim also suggested he knows more than I because he's older. 

Charles Weed - Left message.

toowm

Wow, Keene is very different than Windham. All our reps (except the one who got arrested :P) answer the phone and respond well to freedom messages.

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 25, 2006, 11:54 AM NHFT
Denis, is there a thread specifically about your calling campaign?  I don't want to clutter this one with off topic posts.
Yep, it's the one marked INCOME/SALES TAX ALERT

Here are the results of my calls
Thanks Ian! You rock!!

CNHT

Quote from: toowm on September 25, 2006, 11:56 AM NHFT
Wow, Keene is very different than Windham. All our reps (except the one who got arrested :P) answer the phone and respond well to freedom messages.

Keene reps are the bastian of tax and spend liberals so you folks out there have a tough row to hoe.
At least all of my reps are against sales and income tax and one has told me they would vote for the constitutional amendment to stop this nonsense once and for all.

I am about to update the sales and income tax thread....with news from CNHT.

error

Quote from: CNHT on September 25, 2006, 12:12 PM NHFT
Keene reps are the bastian of tax and spend liberals so you folks out there have a tough row to hoe.

Even tax and spend liberals can see the light, if enough people shine it in their faces.

CNHT

Quote from: error on September 25, 2006, 12:29 PM NHFT

Even tax and spend liberals can see the light, if enough people shine it in their faces.

Let me know if you have any success! We figure we have about 70% support AGAINST sales and income tax...

FTL_Ian

Quote from: d_goddard on September 25, 2006, 12:00 PM NHFT
Yep, it's the one marked INCOME/SALES TAX ALERT

Reposting my results there.  Looks like Butcher and Robertson could use some more calls.  Maybe they will get frustrated and give up.

John

Tim also suggested he knows more than I because he's older. 

One also might wonder if the man may be forgetting about freedom just-a-little-bit each year as time goes by.  What makes him thinks being old helps?
Is he so old he doesn't have to think anymore?  Maybe he doesn't like to think anymore?  Maybe he's done enough thinking?

Russell Kanning

I am free from these guys .... I don't pay. :)