• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

assistance?

Started by Rifkinn, September 28, 2006, 05:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rifkinn

I am wanting to move myself and my business to New Hampshire (oh, yea, my girlfriend also, hehe). 
Does anybody have any idea on really unconventional financing?  I don't qualify for regular stuff and my family can't afford to help.  I am looking for a loan to help with moving, getting setup and expanding my business after getting to NH.
If anybody has any information or wants to get more info you can e-mail me at rifkinn @ rifkinn.be
Thanks.

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Rifkinn on September 28, 2006, 05:06 PM NHFT
I am wanting to move myself and my business to New Hampshire (oh, yea, my girlfriend also, hehe). 
Does anybody have any idea on really unconventional financing?  I don't qualify for regular stuff and my family can't afford to help.  I am looking for a loan to help with moving, getting setup and expanding my business after getting to NH.
If anybody has any information or wants to get more info you can e-mail me at rifkinn @ rifkinn.be
Thanks.

1. Move with ABF U-Pack ($250-500).

2. Drive car ($500 across the country) or ship it (~$1000/car across the country).

3. Move into a "cheap" apartment (~$600/mo with deposit).

4. Put slavegirl to work (++++$!).  *dodges her fist* ;)

5. Start business. (cheap and very easy in New Hampshire)

6. Maybe work part time, if you need to, for 3-5 years while business is starting, but mostly try to avoid any type of employment, or it can and WILL destroy your business. That has happened to me more times than I wish to mention!!!

7. Thank God that you're more free than you were.

Oh wait, you're in Belgium?!  :o
Pouah !

Rifkinn

Quote from: Michael Fisher on September 28, 2006, 08:38 PM NHFT
1. Move with ABF U-Pack ($250-500).

2. Drive car ($500 across the country) or ship it (~$1000/car across the country).

3. Move into a "cheap" apartment (~$600/mo with deposit).

4. Put slavegirl to work (++++$!).  *dodges her fist* ;)

5. Start business. (cheap and very easy in New Hampshire)

6. Maybe work part time, if you need to, for 3-5 years while business is starting, but mostly try to avoid any type of employment, or it can and WILL destroy your business. That has happened to me more times than I wish to mention!!!

7. Thank God that you're more free than you were.

Oh wait, you're in Belgium?!  :o
Pouah !
Lol, no, I'm not in Belgium.  I'm in SW Indiana. 
Early this year the Belgium registry had a bit of time that ppl could register a site name with them for free and I grabbed 2 of them, one for myself and one for my business.  I'm just going with my name one now though.
Thanks for that upack site, that looks like a nice alternate to renting a uhaul.*ouch, "$1,529" for 12' of a commercial trailer door to door.
I did tell my girlfriend that the Keene walmart is hiring ppl, hehe....
I am currently on disability.  Getting off of that is part of the reason why I am working on being in business for myself.  As well as setting my own hours and having more control over my money that way. 

Dreepa

Quote from: Rifkinn on September 28, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFT

Thanks for that upack site, that looks like a nice alternate to renting a uhaul.

I used something like ABF,  It was good.  Be careful though because they may not deliver to exactly where you want it. ABF would only deliver within 20 miles of Manchester when I checked with them.
There is a$50 coupon on the FSP site though.
I used HELPUMOVE.com.(http://helpumove.com/)  Also check out 'the crates' or some shit if you aren't going to move straight into a place.

I hate UHaul when they screwed up my move from LA to SF.(I had a reservation.. they had no truck for me... they gave me two smaller trucks instead... uhm who the fuck was gonna drive the other one?)  I still hate UHaul.

error

There's always two guys and a truck, though I don't know what they charge.

d_goddard

Quote from: Rifkinn on September 28, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFT
I'm in SW Indiana. 
Cool! I lived a few years in Bloomington, then in Gnawbone (yes, that's the name), then Columbus.
GORGEOUS country out there in Kentuckyana!

Financing to start a business is always a risky endeavour.
In my unasked-for and totally amateur opinon, you might do best to find a job here (see the FSP NH Job page), then move here as cheaply as possible (possibly just take what you can pack in a truck, sell off any large furniture items end extra junk).

Then once you've got here, have a steady income and are living within your means, start up your business from that stable starting point.

KBCraig

Sorry, Rifkinn. Our quota is full. No more Hoosiers! Caleb is all we can handle...

;D

Welcome to the group! You might also check out http://www.pods.com/, but I've never used them.

Kevin

Rifkinn

Quote from: d_goddard on September 28, 2006, 10:30 PM NHFT
Cool! I lived a few years in Bloomington, then in Gnawbone (yes, that's the name), then Columbus.
GORGEOUS country out there in Kentuckyana!
Yea, Indiana has a few interesting town names like Santa Clause and French Lick.  We also have Freedom, In and Liberty, In.  The Nashville, In area is very pretty, but those 2 lanes are very busy at times.  I'm, in the opposite direction from Bloomington.  Sullivan is about 25 miles south of Terre Haute, very rural here.

KBCraig, don't worry.  I'm a very quiet guy.  Just give me a corner with a comfortable chair and a pile of rings or a Heinlein book or 2 and I'll be happy for a while, hehe....
Pods doesn't service the Sullivan area, a lot of businesses don't, but thanks.

aries

1) Sell what you don't need
2) use the profit to finance the move
3) Live in a smaller, less expensive place by having less stuff

Braddogg

Quote from: aries on September 29, 2006, 05:58 AM NHFT
1) Sell what you don't need
2) use the profit to finance the move
3) Live in a smaller, less expensive place by having less stuff

What's a home?  Just a place to store your stuff.  Great bit by George Carlin.

Caleb

fellow Colt's fan, Riffkin?  :)

MaineShark

Quote from: aries on September 29, 2006, 05:58 AM NHFT3) Live in a smaller, less expensive place by having less stuff

Like this:
http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=4498

Northwood is very home-business-friendly.  The minimal zoning rules they do have, state that home businesses are integral to the character of New England, and should be encouraged.

Joe

Rifkinn

Quote from: Caleb on September 29, 2006, 08:37 PM NHFT
fellow Colt's fan, Riffkin?  :)
Yea, sure am.  It was fun watching them play in the season opener.  The announcer would talk about the quarterback of a team and then have to say which quarterback he was referring to.  They did it a lot and each time they forgot to mention which one gave me a good chuckle...

Dreepa

Quote from: Rifkinn on October 04, 2006, 02:00 AM NHFT
quarterback of a team
All those stats and no rings.... sounds like Marino.