• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More TSA fun @MHT

Started by Dreepa, October 02, 2006, 08:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

So I was at Manchester Airport tonight.
I was at the section where they have waiting area and you can look thru the glass to see the passengers get of the planes.  As my children and I waited for my wife, we looked at the plants and designs of animals.
We were looking at the dog statue and the TSA guy said come over here and look at this one. So we did just that.  He freaks out and says don't cross that line.  'That line' being a colored tile it was were the passengers leave the 'secure' area and enter into 'pedestrian' land.  I said 'you told us to come over there'.  He said 'You can look from that side'.  There was a statue of a giraffe.
15 minutes go by.
My kids see the my wife thru the glass and run over to see her.  My 2 year old daughter crosses the line and the TSA goon jumps off his stool and freaks out again.  'SHE CAN'T COME OVER HERE!'  She hugs my wife and the TSA goon says 'SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW!'.  I said 'Relax they are leaving.'  He then said it was a security violation.  I just laughed and walked over to get my daughter.

UNREAL.

error

Clearly your daughter was the closest thing to a security threat that Manchester Airport is likely to ever see. Perhaps the TSA goon was trying to justify his own existence, or at least feel like he was earning his stolen money.

Pat K

Probably thought she was a killer midget. :P

Michael Fisher

You're lucky they did not shoot or swear at your children.

They are, after all, the Terretts Sufferers Association.

They're armed with rubber gloves, they have government immunity, and they're coming for you!

Kat Kanning

aries

Just don't give them any respect, it gives them a feeling of authority and they get even bigger heads, like cops.

Without legitimacy they can't do much. :)

Spencer

Quote from: aries on October 03, 2006, 06:55 AM NHFT
Just don't give them any respect, it gives them a feeling of authority and they get even bigger heads, like cops.

One of my colleagues (I'm a public defender) refuses to call any police officer by the title Officer So-and-So or Detective So-and-So; she will only refer to the person as Mr. So-and-So throughout her cross-examination and in closing argument.  It really gets on their nerves, but they look like jerks if they try to press the issue.

aries

Quote from: Spencer on October 03, 2006, 10:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on October 03, 2006, 06:55 AM NHFT

One of my colleagues (I'm a public defender) refuses to call any police officer by the title Officer So-and-So or Detective So-and-So; she will only refer to the person as Mr. So-and-So throughout her cross-examination and in closing argument.  It really gets on their nerves, but they look like jerks if they try to press the issue.

Just what I'm talking about. Remove their "authority" status. The only person who they need it from in a 1-on-1 encounter as you. Treat them like the servant that they are. "Oh Jeeves..."

MaineShark

Random, semi-related question:

Haven't been to airports much since this whole TSA mess started, and definitely not to Manchvegas.  I'm picking up a family member there in a few weeks, and I just wanted to make sure that there is no issue with being armed (concealed) while doing so?  Last time I entered an airport, it didn't matter unless you wanted to get into the passenger-area, but I can't keep up with all the new regs and nonsense...

Thanks for any help,
Joe

Dreepa

I am not aware of any laws. (maybe there are secret ones?)
But if you are carrying concealed and are not going thru the TSA line then you should be fine.
There are benches up there to wait where you never have to go near the gate.

KBCraig

Quote from: MaineShark on October 05, 2006, 01:47 PM NHFT
Random, semi-related question:

Haven't been to airports much since this whole TSA mess started, and definitely not to Manchvegas.  I'm picking up a family member there in a few weeks, and I just wanted to make sure that there is no issue with being armed (concealed) while doing so?  Last time I entered an airport, it didn't matter unless you wanted to get into the passenger-area, but I can't keep up with all the new regs and nonsense...

Thanks for any help,
Joe

Correct, there's no law against carrying outside the secure area. When I picked up our oldest there during ShortyFest, I was carrying.

I think there are seven states that prohibit carrying in the non-secure side of the airport. Arkansas and Virginia do, but I don't recall the rest of them.

Kevin

MaineShark

Thanks.  Didn't think it would be a big deal, but it's a late-night flight, so I'd hate to have to waste time dealing with nonsense.  If there's no sign up, I'm not worried.  Heck, even if there were a sign, it's probably bogus, like those stupid signs at the Post Office.

Joe

KBCraig

I found the list of states that prohibit carry in all areas of the airport.

In addition to Arkansas and Virginia, they are Florida, Iowa, Mississippi, Nevada, and Ohio.