• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Libertarian Candidate Goes "All In" for Campaign

Started by Atlas, October 02, 2006, 11:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlas

This could get interesting, if nothing else, create a libertarian buzz in WA. Should be good going into the press election in '08. Shoot, I might even donate.

Washington Candidate for U.S. Senate, Bruce Guthrie, Lends Campaign Nearly $1.2 Million

(Washington, D.C. ) In what would be considered a bold move in any contest, Washington state candidate for the U.S. Senate, Bruce Guthrie, has mortgaged his home and scraped together his life savings in order to lend his campaign nearly $1.2 million. Citing his passion for the citizens of Washington and the need for real electoral change, Guthrie has taken a gambit unprecedented in Libertarian circles in order to convey to the voters of Washington the seriousness of his campaign.

In a video posted to his Senate campaign website, Guthrie displayed dismay at the increasingly influential role that money plays in politics. ?As long as corporate and specials interests can buy influence with government officials, corruption will be the rule of the day,? Guthrie stated. Despite lagging behind his Republican and Democratic challengers in fundraising, Guthrie is the only serious Senate candidate in Washington who is not beholden to special interests.

?Bruce Guthrie?s courageous move combined with a well-run campaign for U.S. Senate shows the voters of Washington that Libertarian candidates are serious about change and are willing to put their money where their mouths are,? stated Executive Director of the Libertarian Party Shane Cory. "I hope that Washington voters will take notice of this bold initiative as it has already sparked the interest and praise of Libertarians across the nation,? Cory continued. ?Now with Bruce Guthrie clearly in the running, we look forward to a spirited contest in the Evergreen state.?

PowerPenguin

Yup, I'm on the list. Are you in the area? I'm in S. Sound myself.

Atlas

No, I'm watching from MI. Wish we had a candidate like that.