• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

UL: Lynch is limp, Coburn capitulates

Started by KBCraig, October 09, 2006, 01:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Okay, so that's not the real headline. But if Coburn can't distinguish himself from Lynch on something as crystal-clear as education funding... well, "Hello again, Gov. Lynch!"

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Wait+%27til+next+year!+Coburn%2c+Lynch+on+school+funding&articleId=91d82837-1665-4260-9e7e-e0259cc74949

Wait 'til next year! Coburn, Lynch on school funding

REPUBLICAN gubernatorial candidate Jim Coburn announced last week that his new education funding plan was. . . to come up with a new education funding plan.

Gov. John Lynch ought to be outraged. How dare Coburn steal Lynch's idea!

Before Coburn released his plan, Lynch announced his education funding proposal, which consisted of tossing his old plan onto the table and letting legislators use it as a starting point for coming up with a plan that might actually pass court scrutiny.

Coburn said last week that he would gather experts "who know far more than I do and from that discussion, proceed" with formulating a plan.

Finally, something both candidates can agree on: Next legislative session someone ought to do something about that education funding business.

One month left until the election, and neither the current governor nor his challenger has more than a vague general idea of what to offer on education funding. What leadership!

At least Coburn has the right idea for addressing the constitutional question. He understands the meaning of the Supreme Court's Claremont jurisprudence much better than Gov. Lynch does. And that is: the court got education funding entirely wrong, and without a constitutional amendment the state will be forced to impose a broadbased tax to finance the absurd funding system the court has dictated.

Lynch cannot even decide if the court's Claremont rulings are right or wrong.

On balance, a point to Coburn.

aries

Woohoo

I'm glad Coburn is making a bit of a last minute comeback...

Rochelle

Wow.
In that case, everyone just vote for me for governor. I have a great plan to fund education. I like to call it "Make the Parents Pay For It." >:D

FrankChodorov

Quote from: aries on October 09, 2006, 08:24 AM NHFT
Woohoo

I'm glad Coburn is making a bit of a last minute comeback...

Lynch has like a 50 point lead in the polls...