• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

ITS Gunstock!

Started by Lloyd Danforth, October 06, 2006, 08:13 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Their saying it will be Gunstock for P'fest next year.  I might visit for a day if some folks I won't get to see otherwise plan to show up, but, that will be it for me.

Fluff and Stuff

Gunstock is still unoffical and will remain so at least until Oct 13th.  Hopefully everything works out and we get to actually know when and where Porcfest is soon.  If you don't want to go to Gunstock (which is said to be a much nicer place than Rogers by every source I've seen) you don't have to go.  There will be shooting events, a canoe trip, a hike, and trips to all of the Regions planned.  Maybe you could help lead the trip to the region which includes Keene?  That way you could see some folks, help out, but no have to hang out in a really nice campground.

Lloyd Danforth

polyanarch

If they hold porcfest at anyplace that !=Roger's Insanitorium then I will certainly come.  But if they do, like this year, I'm not coming.

Gunstock sounds nice though!

cathleeninnh

I can't comment about Gunstock specifically, but change is good. Any FSP sponsored event must promote the project's purpose. Getting people to sign and move requires alot of attention, new attention. Change will get new attention. Some people who wouldn't, or couldn't go north, may come. Media attention may ramp up. I wouldn't expect bigger numbers because some people will not do 2 events in a year and will choose the winter event. Again a good change to reach and speak to a different crowd.

A bunch of folks won't be happy (no matter where it is) which allows for another change next year. All the better.

I suggest that we undergrounders start planning a Shorty Fest II, anywhere you want and anytime you want. The only purpose should be to have a good time.

Cathleen

aries

I liked it at Roger's because it was close to my house

KBCraig

Quote from: aries on October 06, 2006, 03:09 PM NHFT

I liked Roger's because it is close to my future home.  :)

I don't have an objection to Gunstock, from what I've read about it. But I didn't see a real need to leave Roger's, either.

I doubt we make P'fest in 2007, because we want to make a foliage trip, and we can't do both.

Speaking of foliage, it looks like this weekend is ideal to catch peak foliage in the north and along the Connecticut valley, and near peak in the central regions. Is this typically the best weekend, most years?

Kevin

cathleeninnh

I think this might be a week or so early.

Cathleen

Caleb

at the risk of offending Lloyd, I don't see what the big deal is. It's a little change. Who cares where P'fest is at, as long as they have it somewhere where we all can fit?

I'm just glad that this is getting planned soon enough that most people will be able to make plans.

KBCraig

Quote from: Caleb on October 06, 2006, 08:26 PM NHFT
I don't see what the big deal is. It's a little change.

No change is little for the curmudgeonly.  ;)

Yeah, I'm glad to see things getting set earlier this year.

Dreepa

What does a campsite cost?

burnthebeautiful

Why don't people like Gunstock?

Russell Kanning

I am going to visit gunstock in a week. I am sure we will like it. It is only about 1.5 hours from Keene, which will be nice. Maybe we will have to hang out some here, so people can get the tour. :)

aries

Quote from: KBCraig on October 06, 2006, 03:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on October 06, 2006, 03:09 PM NHFT

I liked Roger's because it is close to my future home.  :)

I don't have an objection to Gunstock, from what I've read about it. But I didn't see a real need to leave Roger's, either.

I doubt we make P'fest in 2007, because we want to make a foliage trip, and we can't do both.

Speaking of foliage, it looks like this weekend is ideal to catch peak foliage in the north and along the Connecticut valley, and near peak in the central regions. Is this typically the best weekend, most years?

Kevin

No, we've passed peak as of a few days ago. Either last weekend or this would be in-between the best, which came during the week. Right now it's mostly orange and yellow save a few evergreens but a lot of trees are already bare.

The peak has come early the past few years... I blame global cooling