• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Quit

Started by error, October 11, 2006, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: Friday on September 14, 2007, 09:01 PM NHFT
Actually, it's quite stunning realizing how much of human culture centers around getting f***ed up.  I know as much as anyone it's fun, but it seems sort of sad, too.  Can't we all enjoy life with clear heads?

Wearing my Fugazi shirt.  :tshirt:

I don't drink much, mostly because I don't like the taste of almost all alcohol.  I see what you are now seeing, the centralness of alcohol to human society.   :-\

Dreepa

I think that in people's 20s alcohol is central... and it becomes less so as you get older (for most).   I used to go out 6-7 nights a week.  now I am lucky if it is 1 time a week or two.

I do think that porc activities have a lot of alcohol... I was thinking maybe it is because it is like a party that more than 2-3 people think along the same lines... I dunno.

error

Nobody I know will force you to drink alcohol or ostracize you if you don't. Not even Keith Murphy, as long as you buy SOMETHING! ;)

Kat Kanning

Wow, Friday and John...good for you!   :clap:

John

Quote from: CNHT on September 14, 2007, 10:24 PM NHFTJohn you gotta go electric, it's a trip.

I'm thinking it must be a "Yin & Yang" thing: I was "electric" in the past and went "folk."  You were "folk" and have gone "electric.

NHRes2004

Quote from: John on September 17, 2007, 10:43 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on September 14, 2007, 10:24 PM NHFTJohn you gotta go electric, it's a trip.

I'm thinking it must be a "Yin & Yang" thing: I was "electric" in the past and went "folk."  You were "folk" and have gone "electric.

Ahhh! Balance is returned.

Romak

Error you go cold turkey or use something to help you through it?

John

I started smoking many, many, many years ago, and slowly learned to "enjoy" it.
In resent years I tried to quit, many, many, many times.
I actually had to relearn not to enjoy it.

But, I kept "breaking" at about the 3 day point - over - and over - and over again.

I'm well beyond 3 days now . . . well beyond 3 weeks . . . & and heading toward 3 months.

I'd say I'm done.
I don't enjoy it anymore.

I'll miss the quite vivid dreams - which sometimes come with use of the patch!  ;)  But hey, who's to say I couldn't take a patch for recreational use, if I chose to.   >:D  What is there a law against that?

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Actually, it's quite stunning realizing how much of human culture centers around getting f***ed up.  I know as much as anyone it's fun, but it seems sort of sad, too.  Can't we all enjoy life with clear heads?
I don't understand the altered state culture.
If anyone is trying to quit ... let me know and we can laugh at the other guys together. That should make it easier to not grab a drink. :)

Kat Kanning

Yay John!  Good for you!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2007, 01:12 PM NHFT
I don't understand the altered state culture.
If anyone is trying to quit ... let me know and we can laugh at the other guys together. That should make it easier to not grab a drink. :)

Yeah and we'll just grin watching you get jazzed up on caffeine.  ;)

Russell Kanning

I am always like that. I have been hyperactive since I was a wee one. :)

I mostly stay away from the stuff the government prohibits ... important not to tangle with "the man"

Tom Sawyer

;D

I forgot you believe in following the rules.  ;D

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2007, 01:30 PM NHFTI mostly stay away from the stuff the government prohibits ... important not to tangle with "the man"

CONFORMIST!