• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Quit

Started by error, October 11, 2006, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on November 12, 2007, 01:21 PM NHFT
Yeah and we'll just grin watching you get jazzed up on caffeine.  ;)
I can quit anytime I want. :blah_by_sarrlas_emotes: :blob6:

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on November 12, 2007, 01:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2007, 01:30 PM NHFTI mostly stay away from the stuff the government prohibits ... important not to tangle with "the man"
CONFORMIST!
I am not a number .... I just find it easier to not swim against the current.
:lockstep: :_WeightOfTheWorld__by_Ugghhzi

Lloyd Danforth

buzzard

I spent 30 days in the slammer about 6 years ago. 30 days was enough time smoke free that I knew I could keep right on going.

Yup . . . right on going . . . till I got out and met the first guy in the bar and traded him a beer for a smoke~!

Got a light? 

John

Quote from: buzzard on November 26, 2007, 05:00 PM NHFT. . . traded him a beer for a smoke~!

Got a light? 

;) gotta smile with that  8) . . . Thanks for the temptation, really:  Every time I beat that, I can stop "kicking ass" a bit more. 

IT SURE IS NICE NOT HAVING TO KICK ASS ANYMORE  - - - if you know what I mean::)

John

Oh.  Did I forget to mention that I gave up coke to? . . . Lots of coke!!!

Kat Kanning

John

About 3 mounts without coke ... and without coco to.  Lots of coco.

StaggerLee

Quote from: Friday on September 14, 2007, 09:01 PM NHFT
I quit drinking six months ago (erm, give or take; I haven't been perfect).  Thank goodness not a lot of Free Staters drink... or hold social events in a bar... or even incorporate alcohol into daytime political activism events.  A great big sarcastic THANKS to the guy who sat next to me at an MVP meeting so I could smell his beer fumes... at 10:00 in the freakin' morning. :P

It's really hard for me to be around people drinking and enjoying it and try to be satisfied with water.  This is one of the reasons I am not seen as often at Porcupine events.  And skipped the bonfire at PorcFest.  Oh woe is me...  :sad1:  I hope I get used to it eventually.

Actually, it's quite stunning realizing how much of human culture centers around getting f***ed up.  I know as much as anyone it's fun, but it seems sort of sad, too.  Can't we all enjoy life with clear heads?

Wearing my Fugazi shirt.  :tshirt:

December 25th will be my 5th year anniversary of quitting drinking. . . and I'm going to stop smoking that day . . . I'd say I can't wait but I really can. . .it's going to be so difficult. . . I don't know why it was so much easier to quit drinking than it is to quit smoking butts. .. but even re-reading all of these posts I got so much good info

kudos!

John

Dude, I don't know how long you smoked for but, I can tell you that for me the urges come frequently (and often strongly) but the urges don't last long . . . Don't let the urges piss you off - anger weekens people.

You can do it if you don't try!  Just let it go.

John

BTW
Congratulations & good luck!

Pat McCotter

No cigarettes since January 10, 2000!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat McCotter on December 06, 2007, 08:07 PM NHFT

That's great! ;D  I wish I would finally make up my mind and just be done with them.  I have hypnosis cds that I've listened to constantly and they didn't help at all. :-\  I have the Allen Carr book that helped one time for a few weeks though. 

John

Quote from: Pat McCotter on December 06, 2007, 08:07 PM NHFT

Thumbs up Pat.  In 000 did you try, or did you just finally let it go?
I tried and tried again, for years --- then I stopped trying in 007 . . . now I just don't smoke anymore.

David

Quote from: John on November 28, 2007, 11:30 AM NHFT
About 3 mounts without coke ... and without coco to.  Lots of coco.
:o :o :o
That is horrible.   >:D
Nothing better than fried chicken, mash and gravy, and a coke.  Some really good lo mein and chinese chicken is close though. 
To be honest, for someone who didn't use to get headaches hardly at all, I suddenly seem to be having them much more frequently now that I drink more coke.  Good luck John, sorry about the tease.   :blush: