• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I Quit

Started by error, October 11, 2006, 11:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Seems like a missinterpretation & slight overreaction  occurred here - - - and that's OK:o
I meant no offence, harm, nor foul.  Truth is, I was attempting to lighten up.
I'll respond further shortly.

John

Quote from: raineyrocks on January 28, 2008, 02:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on January 28, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on January 28, 2008, 01:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on January 28, 2008, 01:33 PM NHFT
Just kidding here!  No one here has ever presented themselves to me as being anything prefect.

I didn't?  My bad, I'm perfect! ;D :angel4:
Except those split ends.  Damn those split ends for making Rainey less than completely perfect.   ;)

:biglaugh:

So, it seemed to me that we were going along in the regular way that this forum has traditionally gone: Folks tend(ed?) to jump in with various (even sometimes-somewhat-random) posts - kind of like an open conversation rather than a private/closed one.  I admit that I haven't had enough time to keep up with this forum lately, so maybe someone has changed that.
Anyway, the song is a spoof on being "close" to perfect.
I didn't particularly care for (though (i guess) it was OK) the animated video for this song by Weird Al . . . I though this one was better.
No, I did not read the comments - I almost never read youtube comments - I just don't have time.  I still have not read the comments and don't intend to.
The "little girl" (are you saying she is 13? I would think 16 or more) seems to me to have some skill at presenting the song as it was intended - a spoof.

I have two daughters - so the concerns regarding "letting" "my" 13 year old make this video is well appreciated: I'll maybe (later) comment on that.
Thank you for that food for thought!

Jennifer

I haven't had a cigarette in 3 years.

I still smoke in my dreams, though... :-\

John

Quote from: equisx on September 11, 2008, 04:56 PM NHFT
I haven't had a cigarette in 3 years.

3 years. NICE! Congratulations.
I'm not counting several light puffs (all in the same VERY late night party BTW) as having had a cigarette (though some might argue) so, although I did not note my exact stop date, I'm certain that it was early August . . .

Maybe I'll comment on the dream thing later . . .

John

Also, I am may be getting close to kicking another old habit.  ;D

Kat Kanning

Jennifer

Quote from: John on September 12, 2008, 09:48 AM NHFT
3 years. NICE! Congratulations.
I'm not counting several light puffs (all in the same VERY late night party BTW) as having had a cigarette (though some might argue) so, although I did not note my exact stop date, I'm certain that it was early August . . .

Thanks! Congrats yourself and good luck sticking with it. I had to quit completely, otherwise I knew that I'd start back up again.

KBCraig

Addiction is a matter of perspective. My rotund friend on Long Island can understand.

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on September 15, 2008, 01:05 AM NHFT
Addiction is a matter of perspective. My rotund friend on Long Island can understand.

I tend to go along with the thought= I have taken more out of
liqueur, than it has ever taken out of me.  ;D ( I think it was Churchill who said it)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: raineyrocks on August 25, 2008, 07:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 25, 2008, 07:29 AM NHFT
John.  I just looked at that video.  It is refreshing to look at one of those webcam video where the Teenybopper actually keeps her cloths on. Thank you.

You mean there's worse ones out there?  I just don't understand what it had to do with my post between David. :-\    I don't know maybe I see things in a different way but I wouldn't let my almost 13 year old make a youtube video like that.   Did you read those comments on the first page?

She will make it at her friend's house.  I ran into this video while looking for things to make.  I thought about your comment about John's.  I don't know who MILO is. I don't know how old the chick is.  I'm not even sure what she is saying, but, she sure is cute and talented.

Whoops!  Here is the video I was referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnDhk1BMurY

John

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 13, 2008, 06:27 AM NHFT
Way to go, John!

Thanks, Kat!
Old habits die hard - - - But, but um, you haven't even inquired which habit, my friend.  :butterfly:
(I have lots of old habits - only some are bad.)

FYI - Voting is/may-be moving (or wavering around) towards the top of my list.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: John on August 28, 2008, 08:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on January 28, 2008, 02:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: David on January 28, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on January 28, 2008, 01:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on January 28, 2008, 01:33 PM NHFT
Just kidding here!  No one here has ever presented themselves to me as being anything prefect.

I didn't?  My bad, I'm perfect! ;D :angel4:
Except those split ends.  Damn those split ends for making Rainey less than completely perfect.   ;)

:biglaugh:

So, it seemed to me that we were going along in the regular way that this forum has traditionally gone: Folks tend(ed?) to jump in with various (even sometimes-somewhat-random) posts - kind of like an open conversation rather than a private/closed one.  I admit that I haven't had enough time to keep up with this forum lately, so maybe someone has changed that.
Anyway, the song is a spoof on being "close" to perfect.
I didn't particularly care for (though (i guess) it was OK) the animated video for this song by Weird Al . . . I though this one was better.
No, I did not read the comments - I almost never read youtube comments - I just don't have time.  I still have not read the comments and don't intend to.
The "little girl" (are you saying she is 13? I would think 16 or more) seems to me to have some skill at presenting the song as it was intended - a spoof.

I have two daughters - so the concerns regarding "letting" "my" 13 year old make this video is well appreciated: I'll maybe (later) comment on that.
Thank you for that food for thought!

I'm sorry I kind of jumped all over your post.  I think I made the mistake of:  1. Taking your post the wrong way  2. Reading the disgusting comments some people made about the video.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 15, 2008, 07:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on August 25, 2008, 07:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 25, 2008, 07:29 AM NHFT
John.  I just looked at that video.  It is refreshing to look at one of those webcam video where the Teenybopper actually keeps her cloths on. Thank you.

You mean there's worse ones out there?  I just don't understand what it had to do with my post between David. :-\    I don't know maybe I see things in a different way but I wouldn't let my almost 13 year old make a youtube video like that.   Did you read those comments on the first page?

She will make it at her friend's house.  I ran into this video while looking for things to make.  I thought about your comment about John's.  I don't know who MILO is. I don't know how old the chick is.  I'm not even sure what she is saying, but, she sure is cute and talented.

I doubt she'd make a video over her friend's house but I think I get what you mean by that.   I think I just took the whole post by John and you the wrong way, sorry.

Lloyd Danforth

I failed to include the link to the video I referred to above.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 16, 2008, 06:18 AM NHFT
I failed to include the link to the video I referred to above.

Geesh I thought that girl was annoying.  I made it through 2 minutes of the video though. :D