• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Don't tread on me" Flag

Started by FTL_Ian, October 13, 2006, 12:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

I have the FSP porcupine version.  Would you fly this flag on your property in NH?  Why or why not?

error

I'd fly that OUTSIDE NH, but the apartment complex won't let me put up flags. Good thing I'm moving to NH when the lease is up!

PinoX7

something about the usage of the color yellow turns me down, but it is still decent

KBCraig

I'd fly the Porc version outside NH or at FSP events in NH, but I'd switch to the original Gadsden for general use inside NH.

Just my personal preference: I don't want native NH'ites thinking of us as invaders. We'll already be outsiders. I want to appeal to the NH tradition, without looking like some newfangled internet notion.

Kevin

John

I carry the trad Gadsen . . . Oh, but I did customize my trad Gadsen with the repeating NHfree.com (in green) . . .  :o

Maybe I should customize a few more?

Recumbent ReCycler

I've been flying one on my house since I got back from the Porcfest.  I live in a border city, but if I had a traditional gadsen or union jack, I would fly that instead.

Lex

John Babiarz (Chairman of the Libertarian Party) has a huge flag pole next to his house (which is right next to the street) and he always has the FSP Gadsden flag flying. But then again, this is Grafton, NH where just about anything goes...  ;D

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

Doug Schwartz down in new london calls it the "rattlesnake flag."   I like that term better than gadsden.

aworldnervelink

I think it looks just spiffy up there...

Pat K

Very nice and I see the grass has grown in. :)

Dreepa

My wife was at the flag store in Concord (FLAG WORKS-- yeah a flag store on Main Street).
She was talking to the owner and the woman said.. if I could only hang one flag it would be the Gadsden. ;D

Fluff and Stuff

On my drive to the Gandhian Conference I saw a house flying the Gadsden flag and the person nextdoor was flying a US flag.  I used the FSP flag at the Gandhian Conference.  How interesting that we are talking about these flags today.

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on October 13, 2006, 01:41 AM NHFT
I'd fly the Porc version outside NH or at FSP events in NH, but I'd switch to the original Gadsden for general use inside NH.

Just my personal preference: I don't want native NH'ites thinking of us as invaders. We'll already be outsiders. I want to appeal to the NH tradition, without looking like some newfangled internet notion.

Kevin

I already have the real Gadsden flag flying constantly above/middle of the garages on my palace. The painter had to take it down temporarily, but it's going back up as soon as he's finished.

CNHT

Quote from: aworldnervelink on October 13, 2006, 06:22 PM NHFT
I think it looks just spiffy up there...

Yep that's very cool. More people can see mine if I fly it off the pole above the garages as that faces the street more than your house does...but it is a similarly shaped house.