• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Where is Grafton, NH?

Started by maineiac, October 13, 2006, 09:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

maineiac

Dudes,

Where exactly is Grafton. I can't find it in my atlas.

Is it somewhere in Grafton County?

Thanks!

Lex

Grafton is about half way between Lebanon, NH and Concord, NH on US-4 (although closer to Lebanon). It's about 40 sq miles but only has about a thousand residents. There is no building permits or zoning. We love it here and couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

MaineShark

It's near Danbury, too.  I don't ski, but I've heard Ragged Mountain is nice.

And The Inn At Danbury has incredibly good German food.  Not the least expensive place to eat, but food of that quality would cost two or three times as much, if it was in Boston or such.  And they actually recognize you when you come in, and remember who you are and ask you how you're doing.  It's crazy! :)  Gotta love backwoods NH.

Joe

aries

Southern Grafton county IIRC, west of Tilton-ish.

maineiac

Thanks, folks.

I don't know how I missed it on my map!

Grafton sounds like a fine place!

Kat Kanning

Are you thinking about joining the FSP?   :D

Posterity

maineiac

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 13, 2006, 12:31 PM NHFT
Are you thinking about joining the FSP?   :D

I have supported the sentiment of the FSP since its inception, however my main focus is enhancing my own little personal "free state," that is, my life.

I do not believe that change is possible from within the system, but if people still want to tilt at those windmills, well, . . .

cathleeninnh

It is a juggling act that we all play. Lay low and try to live as free as possible or stand up and publicly work to hold back the rising tide. I don't blame anyone with the skills to create their pocket of freedom on their own. I think they also need a lot of luck. In the end many will get hammered anyway. The public approach can be more satisfying and somewhat successful if you join with others. Concerned people choose how and where they want to live. NH is far freer than many other places, whatever the approach.

Cathleen