• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Berlin federal prison approved

Started by cathleeninnh, October 13, 2006, 05:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

Finally the Berlin federal prison was approved. The groundbreaking will be in the spring and it is scheduled to open in 2010. Kevin has awhile before packing.

Cathleen

Pat K

He will never make it, he will crack before that. :) I predict late summer 08 for the arrival of the KB clan.

Otosan

If I thought I could find a carpenter and or electricians job, heck I would be in NH before Christmas.

Dreepa

KBCraig

Quote from: cathleeninnh on October 13, 2006, 05:32 PM NHFT
Finally the Berlin federal prison was approved. The groundbreaking will be in the spring and it is scheduled to open in 2010. Kevin has awhile before packing.

"Open to receive inmates" comes a year to 18 months after it is staffed, so we'll still be on track for late '08 to early '09.

cathleeninnh

What praytell, does the staff do for 12-18 months? Sounds like it might be pretty cushy.

Cathleen

Dreepa

My guess is testing the systems and then training new hires.

KBCraig

Install and test lots of "stuff", as Dreepa says. Put lots of eyeballs on the ground, looking for potential problems, seeing what needs to be changed, etc. New hires who need training are among the very last to be hired.

Caleb

With all due respect to KB ... is there a way we can get together and make this prison not happen?

KBCraig

Quote from: Caleb on October 14, 2006, 06:37 PM NHFT
With all due respect to KB ... is there a way we can get together and make this prison not happen?

That's okay, Caleb. I don't want to kick the anarchists out of NH.  :-*

Caleb

I don't want to kick *you* out of NH either, Kev ... but I *do* want to kick the feds out.  And since they're only going to be here a little while longer, it's probably best if they don't start building new facilities.  ;)

by the way ... if you just absolutely love the prison industry ... New Hampshire operates some prisons.  there's a new one going up in Swanzey you could look into, maybe get here a little sooner.  Although if you cooperate in my unjust incarceration, I probably would not appreciate it very much.

Dreepa

Quote from: Caleb on October 14, 2006, 07:23 PM NHFT
Although if you cooperate in my unjust incarceration, I probably would not appreciate it very much.
But just incarceration is ok. ;)

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Otosan on October 13, 2006, 06:20 PM NHFT
If I thought I could find a carpenter and or electricians job, heck I would be in NH before Christmas.

That should be easy to find around here.

Russell Kanning

We don't want a new jail in our county for fed prisoners .... why would we want a whole new fed jail in Berlin?

KBCraig

I'm pretty sure they didn't ask anyone in Keene when they voted on it in Berlin.