• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mike Fisher mentioned on Free Talk Live

Started by Dave Ridley, March 27, 2005, 11:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

The guys on FTL were talking about your cookie delivery stunt last year Mike!

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Some DFNH (Democracy for New Hampshire) members were protesting against us at the Liberty Dinner.? I asked them not to come because it was a fundraiser for the LSF.? They did not listen.

The only solution was to bake some cookies with Splenda and give them out for free to the protestors.

The long-term effects of Splenda are still unknown.? ;)

Anyways, I talked to them for a long time.? They asked my political affiliation and I told them anarchocapitalist.? It turns out one of them was an anarchist as well, but on second thought he was probably another one of those anarcho-anti-capitalists.

In any case, they asked why I became an anarchist and I told them how I was actually a very active Democrat before.? I even helped Howard Dean's Lieutenant Governor, Doug Racine, in his campaign for Governor of Vermont.? When I saw how the Democrat politicians "opposed" the war on Iraq and yet STILL voted for it, I started to look for a more principled party, and found the LP, then became a libertarian, then an anarchocapitalist.

Apparently, that's EXACTLY what happened to everyone in DFNH as well.? They were Democrats until they saw how the Democrat politicians compromised on their "principles", then they split off, seeking to take a more principled and extreme stand, and became the DFNH.

"That brings you a lot closer to us," they said.

GT

What's the problem with Benson attending the dinner?

AlanM

freedumb is pretending his crowd was not really protesting against NHLA/LSF. They dare not claim to be against private charity or freedom, yet by their actions they have proclaimed their opposition to both. They only believe in Gov. CONTROLLED charity, and freedom to pick our pockets.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: freedumbinnh on March 29, 2005, 07:35 AM NHFT
They wouldn't have been protesting if the NH Govenor Benson hadn't showed up! It wasn't a protest against the NHLA/LSF, so much as a protest against our govenor going to that event. When I say "our", I mean all people of NH.? How many of your events have they protested without Benson being there?

Yeah, right.

How many pictures were taken of their signs?? You know, the ones proclaiming that libertarians are greedy, and that libertarians are too extreme.

DFNH was protesting against our charitable fundraiser because it was good press for both of us.? Any time we get good press like that, even for a charitable fundraiser, we risk organizations like DFNH protesting against our efforts.

The joke going around our fundraising event was that DFNH was protesting against freedom, because they believe that libertarianism would be too much freedom.  In reality, perhaps DFNH mistakenly believes that all libertarians are "right-wingers" because some of them are.

For the record, I did not even attend Benson's speech.? I had no desire to listen to a politician, whether or not some of my libertarian friends liked him.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: freedumbinnh on March 29, 2005, 12:46 PM NHFT
How many? NHLA/LSF events have the DFNH protested against BESIDES the dinner last summer where the governor showed up?

We haven't had any other events.

DFNH has therefore protested against 100% of our charitable fundraising events.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on March 28, 2005, 06:35 AM NHFT
What was Mike's cookie delivery stunt?

That's me on the far left handing out cookies and talking.

That'll teach those protestors!!!? :)

Hey, does anyone want to join the LSF Board?  We need someone to fill the Vice Chair position because Dawn resigned.