• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

5/21 fundraiser in Keene

Started by dawn, March 06, 2005, 01:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 03, 2005, 03:13 PM NHFT
You have only 18 days left to read them all.

Does any body else remember those Evelyn Wood speed reading commercials.

Lloyd Danforth

Yes, but, I've never needed them.  My problem is keeping the pages from going up in flames as I speed thru them.

Kat Kanning

Whew, I'm trying!  I read one of John's books :)

John

Kat Kanning

Yes :)  It was Restoring the American Dream

John

BTW, I picked up a used copy of the book which (I believe) Ayn Rand called "the most evil book ever written." ?However, I don't think I'll be donating that one.

One never knows when we'll need a little somting to get a fire started . . . "We can no longer afford freedom" says b.f.skinner . . . so it sounds like something to put with my camping gear.

Lloyd Danforth

Kat, I have quite a few more books, I can bring up.? I wasn't sure if they had to be 'education' oriented or what.
I have a lot of old Sci Fi paperbacks and a ton of mysteries.? Probably some more stuff.
Are these OK?? What will you do with the ones you don't sell? (Dawn, has a BIG, dry basement! ;D)

John

Quote from: katdillon on May 04, 2005, 06:50 AM NHFT
Yes :)? It was Restoring the American Dream

Had you not read that before? ?Or just a re-read?
I donated/distributed/sold several dozen copies - - - back in the day.
That book was a turning point for me. But that might just tell that I am younger than Llyod (and maybe Pat?) - but older than many.

Kat Kanning

Never read it before, no.  It was good.  I agree with him 99.999% :)  I was thinking of writing to him and asking him to come to NH.

Lloyd:  other books are fine.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the ones that don't sell.  Maybe sell them to a used book store or return to donators, if that's what they want.  I'll probably buy the liberty oriented ones myself.

cathleeninnh

Quote from: John on May 04, 2005, 07:10 AM NHFT

That book was a turning point for me. But that might just tell that I am younger than Llyod (and maybe Pat?) - but older than many.

A few years ago, I got a case of them from the Advocates for a total of $45. Spread them all over SC. Good book.

Cathleen

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on May 04, 2005, 08:11 AM NHFT
I'll probably buy the liberty oriented ones myself.

As if, I would part with any of those :P

John

Quote from: cathleeninnh on May 04, 2005, 08:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: John on May 04, 2005, 07:10 AM NHFT

A few years ago, I got a case of them from the Advocates for a total of $45. Spread them all over SC. Good book.

Cathleen

Yes, the cases. I forget how many were supposed to come in a case but remember getting at least one exta in at least one case . . .
When I first read that book I put it down somewhere in the middle of it (for about two weeks) because I knew that if this was true - and it clearly is - that my outlook and actions needed adjusting . . . obviously I picked it back up.  (How am I doing so far?  :))

Some years later I gave a copy to guy at work for his wife to read . . . she was a speed-reader, and the next morning he had a mesage from her - that I should read Atlas Shrugged . . . I took Ayn Rand (whom I had not gotten around to reading) off the shelf  . . .

Anyway, interseting that a former (what was he) Secratary of Treasury would write the forward to Ringer's book . . .

Kat Kanning

There was a blurb about the fair in the Monadnock Shopper today :)

Michael Fisher

Thank you so much for organizing this!!!  :)

Kat Kanning

All the book donations have been wonderful!  Thanks everyone :)  But now I've got a (good) problem...I don't think they'll all fit in my car!  Is anyone planning on attending able to transport some books?  If not, I can make a couple trips.  We don't live too far from the Rec Center.