• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

5/21 fundraiser in Keene

Started by dawn, March 06, 2005, 01:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on May 20, 2005, 01:42 PM NHFT
Edi says she officially is not allowed to apply makeup when women ask her to. Isn't that silly?

Of course it is. She can't apply to someone else the same makeup she would apply to herself. She can sell that same makeup for customers to apply to themselves. But if she should apply to someone else the same makeup she would aply to herself, which is the same makeup the customer could buy and apply to her own self, it suddenly becomes punishable by a year in jail.

Hence my smiley.  ;D

Kevin

Annie

We had a nice time at the Educational Fair today.  We got to spend time together which is always a plus.  I got to talk with Mike on the way to and from the fair and our talks were good.  It is nice to get a chance sometimes to have smaller groups sometimes and be quiet and know what people are thinking about deep subjects like Ghandi and such.  I know that he (Ghandi, not Mike  ;) ) isn't someone I can talk about in larger crowds, but get me off to the side and then I can get deeper on a subject.

All in all, while we didn't get the turnout that we would have liked it was good.  It is always good when we are working together for a common goal.  JP gave a good little talk on why we should get the government out of the education business and give the choices back to the parents and why they are perfectly capable; and refuted the excuses that people have made for years as to why it wouldn't work.  It didn't change the minds of several people there, but perhaps it gave them food for thought.  I felt he did a fine job and he did get a nice round of applause.   :-*

I appreciated everything everyone did and I am sure that the feeling is mutual.  After all we are the mutual admiration society.   ;D

I look forward to seeing all your smiling faces again soon.  Hugs!

Annie

Michael Fisher

This is great!  We're definitely on the right track!  It's better to do these types of events regularly than to overanalyze your actions and wonder what should be done.  Experience is more important than education!

It was great talking with you, Annie.  Thanks for coming to the event!  :)

Pat K

Good to hear guys, wish I was there. Though I don't know much about Ghandi

Lloyd Danforth

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 21, 2005, 04:32 PM NHFT
How did the sales go?

$371!   :)

This was mostly from vendors though.  We'll be able to get more people come in the future!  :)

Annie

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 21, 2005, 03:45 PM NHFT
It was great talking with you, Annie.  Thanks for coming to the event!  :)

Thanks again for the ride Mike.  ;D

And as for you Pat, we wish you cjavascript:void(0); ;)ould have been here too.   :D  And as for Ghandi, you don't have to know anything about him, you would have been very welcome in any conversation whether you knew anything about him or not.  I didn't know much about him until a few weeks ago when JP and I went to Kat and Russell's and watched a movie about him with them and Kira and Dave.  He was inspiring to say the least.  I can see why Mike wants to pattern his civil disobedience after him.

Oh and by the way Pat, it was nice "visitin' with ya" and Dave too of course, after Mike's protest.  Didn't want you to think I forgot about you.  I am just not much of a poster on here lately sorry.   ::)

Annie

Pat K

Hey it was nice visiting with you guys too Annie. Hope to see ya's all soon. ;D

GT

The fair was good. It was nice to meet several of the NHFree gang. Looking forward to the next event.

davemincin

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the reports!  So much think doing it, is so much better than
talking about what someone else should do. ???

Thinking all you folks who were involved deserve a???  Hell what do I
know? ???  Thanks guys, you ROCK! :)

BTW how did the book sales go?  Just a bit curious? :)

Annie

Well I bought 3 books, myself.  Dilbert's Predictions for the 21st Century is now mine so if any of you want to know what's what, just ask me, I am bound to know.   ;)  Does that help you out Dave?

Annie

Pat K

Some people have Cyrstal Balls Annie has Dilbert. ;D

tracysaboe

I usually use a coloured water in a crystal bowl.

Sometimes I see images on my Black TV screen too.

. . wait. . .

Tracy

davemincin

Quote from: Annie on May 24, 2005, 06:52 PM NHFT
Well I bought 3 books, myself.? Dilbert's Predictions for the 21st Century is now mine so if any of you want to know what's what, just ask me, I am bound to know.? ?;)? Does that help you out Dave?

Annie

Sure, I'm always up for a few words of wisdom! ;)

Annie

You would be surprised at the wisdom of Dilbert, Pat.  Prediction 15: In the future, technology will continue to make our lives harder and many of us will be delighted about it.  A truism if I ever heard one.  LOL   ;)

Annie