• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

5/21 fundraiser in Keene

Started by dawn, March 06, 2005, 01:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dawn

Mondanock Educational Options Fair
5/21 from 9 - 1 at the Keene Recreation Center on Washingon St.

We are inviting private schools, homeschool groups, curriculum vendors, etc. to rent space to share their info with the public. Entrance will be free. There will be speakers, a bake sale, used book (video, games too) sale and stuff for the kids to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

AlanM

Dawn,
I'll help. Maybe man a table or somesuch. I'll bring/donate some books to sell. also.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Wow!   :o  You guys girls are all over this!

Is this the beginning of the Keene Liberty Scholarship Fund chapter?  ;)

You're trying to focus on the Keene area, is that correct?  Should I call private schools around that area and promote the event?

Let me know who wants the list of contact info for private schools in NH and I'll send it to you in Excel format.

Russell Kanning

What does a local chapter mean exactly?
We could have one up and running after this event. 8)

John

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on March 08, 2005, 12:29 PM NHFT
What does a local chapter mean exactly?
We could have one up and running after this event. 8)

It means that all money you raise remains in your local area.? We will take care of all the legal and financial issues.? You do the fundraising, with all the help we can give you, and you forward the money to Tony Lekas who will create an account for your chapter.? It's pretty simple actually.? :)

People are more likely to donate to a local cause rather than a statewide organization.? That's the whole idea behind it.

Most local funds will probably be controlled by activists because they have an interest in this cause.? School-based funds, run by schools offering scholarships to their own school, will appeal to their interests!

Russell Kanning

How about we set it up so that whatever money is raised by our stuff in this area will go to a scholarship for someone in this area?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on March 10, 2005, 08:35 AM NHFT
How about we set it up so that whatever money is raised by our stuff in this area will go to a scholarship for someone in this area?

Sounds good.  How large of an area are we talking about?  Would you like to be the Keene LSF or a larger or smaller area?  You need to come up with a name for your area (with "Liberty Scholarship Fund" in it) and a definition of the area you'll be covering.

We're setting up a meeting soon with a few private schools on how to create their own school-specific LSFs.  Send me your contact info and we'll set up a meeting to help you create your own town- or region-specific LSF.

dawn

I think this fair will appeal to peopl e within Cheshire County. That may be too broad, but OTOH, if it's only for Keene, then it could be kind of a bummer for schools that come from outside of Keene that wouldn't be eligible to have their students apply for the scholarship. Hmm, probably not too much of a big deal either way. Or even limit it to Keene Area LSF - naming the surrounding towns of Keene?

Regarding printing flyers, as soon as someone develops one, we would love to have a bunch of them printed to start distributing. Thanks for the offer!

Russell Kanning

Maybe we should start with the whole region and then let parts of the area make their own groups. It wouldn't make sense to leave any school or individuals out right now. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on March 10, 2005, 09:45 PM NHFT
We're setting up a meeting soon with a few private schools on how to create their own school-specific LSFs.? Send me your contact info and we'll set up a meeting to help you create your own town- or region-specific LSF.
I thought I was nominating Dawn ;) .....if she is too busy then I could do it....maybe someone else is interested.

Kat Kanning

IS the LSF going to hand out materials/ask for donations at this fair?

Kat Kanning

Here's the flyer for the edu fair.  If you're in the Monadnock area, it'd be helpful if you could print a few out and place in libraries, store bulletin boards, etc. :)

Oh, we're going to have a used book sale.  If you've got books you'd like to donate, I can collect them to sell at the fair.  All proceeds go to the Liberty Scholarship fund :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

AlanM

I have used books to donate. Will plan to get them to you before 5/21