• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

V's protest Nov 14 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, October 18, 2006, 03:35 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 22, 2006, 11:41 PM NHFT
Anyone considered a V protest in Keene on the same day?
For maximum effect, how about we do this at the NH State House in Concord?
DC is a lost cause; we're here on the premise that NH is not.

KBCraig

Quote from: fourthgeek on October 24, 2006, 10:38 AM NHFT
I have heard several stories about kids being arrested for wearing V costumes. Threat of terrorism, suspicious behavior, etc. etc.

Anything more solid than "heard several stories"?

I'm not dismissing you, just looking for something concrete. Kids tend to tell each other the same story they "heard about", until all of a sudden everyone "heard about this from someone I know".

Kevin

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: d_goddard on October 24, 2006, 01:31 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 22, 2006, 11:41 PM NHFT
Anyone considered a V protest in Keene on the same day?
For maximum effect, how about we do this at the NH State House in Concord?
DC is a lost cause; we're here on the premise that NH is not.

How about getting a few on that side to do it... we will do it in Keene also. Post the pictures, have fun with it (humor softens the tone). :) It would be the first time it had been done. 8)

d_goddard

Quote from: Roger Grant on October 24, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT
How about getting a few on that side to do it... we will do it in Keene also
This seems like something that will have a much bigger effect based on :
a) the number of people involved (5-6 people at each place looks a lot less significant than a solid dozen in one place)
b) the fact that it's the State Capitol vs. a town hall

Russell Kanning

But our town is cooler .... and it is our town. :)
Ian can walk to downtown Keene.

The Costume Ladies in Chesterfield, NH. They will order more .... especially if you call for more.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: d_goddard on October 24, 2006, 02:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on October 24, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT
How about getting a few on that side to do it... we will do it in Keene also
This seems like something that will have a much bigger effect based on :
a) the number of people involved (5-6 people at each place looks a lot less significant than a solid dozen in one place)
b) the fact that it's the State Capitol vs. a town hall

Denis, I'd be damned impressed if just one person did it. If folks want to do it where ever they are and post a picture it would be something easy to do about and fun.

Tom Sawyer

They have more masks in stock. Anyone want one I can get it for you... pay me on delivery. Let's see some more for the 14th.

earthhaven

Roger if you could get me 2 that would be most excellent! Thanks :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: earthhaven on October 26, 2006, 08:57 PM NHFT
Roger if you could get me 2 that would be most excellent! Thanks :)
I'll grab them tomorrow.

anthonybpugh

Quote from: KBCraig on October 24, 2006, 01:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: fourthgeek on October 24, 2006, 10:38 AM NHFT
I have heard several stories about kids being arrested for wearing V costumes. Threat of terrorism, suspicious behavior, etc. etc.

Anything more solid than "heard several stories"?

I'm not dismissing you, just looking for something concrete. Kids tend to tell each other the same story they "heard about", until all of a sudden everyone "heard about this from someone I know".

Kevin

I wouldn't be much surprise actually.  It could be easily interpreted as a kind of veiled threat.  Well it is a warning at least. 

Tom Sawyer

Good thing I grabbed them they are out now... got your masks Toby I can deliver them to ya Tuesday... Happy Halloween  ;D

earthhaven

Kat Kanning

If you guys want to do something with this on the 14th in Keene or Concord, don't wait for us to plan it.  We'll be in TX.

error

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 28, 2006, 04:26 AM NHFT
If you guys want to do something with this on the 14th in Keene or Concord, don't wait for us to plan it.  We'll be in TX.

Bah, and I'll be in NH! :(

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 28, 2006, 04:26 AM NHFT

I am looking at the masks right now.
I am going to stand in front of the IRS office. Any others that will stand with us? I will create a photo image and send it to the 'We the People' folks.

We can work out the details by this Tuesday's meeting.

Can ya'll say 'Redress of Grievances'. ;D