• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hail gun owners!

Started by Armed_Tennesseean, October 18, 2006, 10:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Quote from: TheDUDE on October 22, 2006, 06:37 PM NHFT
I love firearm-related discussions, but I always get leery of having them online.  I figure listing one-by-one the guns I possess (long list) is akin to registering your firearms with the government.  Even though we're not listing serial numbers, all it takes is a federal snoop poking around this site to peg exactly what you own.

Paronoia?  Probably, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

This is exactly why I haven't said anything, either.

Amos Keag

Quote from: Shawn on October 19, 2006, 09:36 AM NHFT
Glock 27 .40 (For concealed carry)

I carry a 27 as well.  Love it.  It was very cool carrying openly at porcfest.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on October 22, 2006, 07:50 PM NHFT
I love firearm-related discussions, but I always get leery of having them online.  I figure listing one-by-one the guns I possess (long list) is akin to registering your firearms with the government.  Even though we're not listing serial numbers, all it takes is a federal snoop poking around this site to peg exactly what you own.

Needless worry, IMHO.

Not that you shouldn't worry about government taking guns, because that's always a threat. But, you shouldn't worry about being targeted based on some internet posts.

After all, they weren't working off of lists in New Orleans. They just went door to door (kicking them in if they were locked), and started searching and confiscating.

I gave a fairly complete list of what I own, but no one can take that list and tell me what I actually own at the moment. I only named a few by model, and none by s/n.

Kevin

mraaron

I personally like that surplus rifle site.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/

The WMV movies are pretty good, too.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: error on October 22, 2006, 07:50 PM NHFT

The government, for NAIS, recently extracted a list of people who owned animals by looking in online chatrooms at people who talked about their animals.

Even people who did not register their animals and otherwise kept them secret from the government were directly ordered to register their animals because they were caught buying animal feed in local stores or chatting about their animals online.

So yes, this premise is correct. Any gun-hating bureaucrat can easily create a database of gun owners and their guns through a few major chat forums.

Armed_Tennesseean

Nothing a "Im sorry officer, ive seen the light and had my guns melted down" wont handle. If its past the point of them just arresting me anyways then most likely I wont be in a place they can find me. I find it needless worry also. If youre that paranoid, then theyve already got you.

Shawn

Quote from: orvanic on October 22, 2006, 09:34 PM NHFT
Quote from: Shawn on October 19, 2006, 09:36 AM NHFT
Glock 27 .40 (For concealed carry)

I carry a 27 as well.  Love it.  It was very cool carrying openly at porcfest.

Did you have it in a leather holster on the right side of your back, by any chance, with a spare mag on the left side of your back?

Amos Keag

good memory!  i have two rafter s gunleather rigs, one iwb, one owb, and a comfy ross ankle holster.

i highly recommend rafter s for quality and price.

citizen_142002

This is why I think most people who say "From my cold dead hands" are full of BS. You have a right to own arms right? Then why hide something that you have a right to own? If they start taking guns they'll probably find you anyway, and you certainly won't want to take your unregistered guns to the range. Either you'll hide your guns and they'll collect dust, you'll fork them over to the boys in blue, or you'll hand them over bullets first. None of those are going to be pleasant if that day comes, so why not live it up like you're actually a free person today?

I own a WASR-10, and I love that thing. I want to pick up another AK variant some day.
I've got a K-31 too, and that's a great flat shooter, but the ammo's a bit pricey.
I've got a Rossi single shot 12GA
I also have a Smith and Wesson .38S&W top break revolver.

I used to think I hated Glocks, but when I compared my accuracy with a G17 next to a 1911, I found I shot much straighter with the glock.

polyanarch

I don't even own any guns.  None in my home(s) -don't even like 'em.  NOPE!

Bad, evil things. 

Should be laws against them or something...

Shawn

Quote from: orvanic on October 24, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT
good memory!  i have two rafter s gunleather rigs, one iwb, one owb, and a comfy ross ankle holster.

i highly recommend rafter s for quality and price.

I have a Comp Tac IWB that I use daily for CC.  I remembered yours because I liked the holster so much, It looked good.  I want to get one for open carry.  Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it?

Braddogg

Quote from: polyanarch on October 25, 2006, 11:24 AM NHFT
I don't even own any guns.  None in my home(s) -don't even like 'em.  NOPE!

Bad, evil things. 

Should be laws against them or something...

:D

Amos Keag

About $125 for the belt, holster, and mag pouch all together...

http://www.raftersgunleather.com/

The owners, Steve & Della are great folks.

mAss Backwards

There are two ways to find out what kind of guns I keep in my house.

1. Kick in my front door and threaten the safety of my family.

2. Read on.

1. Ruger P345, 230 gr. JHP's - IMHO, the best .45 pistol out there for < $400. A great gun.

2. Remington 870 Express Magnum, 12 ga. shotgun - wood stocks, 20" smooth bore barrel, 4 rounds Federal low recoil 00 buckshot in the magazine, another five on the buttstock.

3. Ruger 10/22 Deluxe Sporter (mfg. 1982), with a Simmons 4x32 scope on top - great shooter

4. TBD, once I make the move to Free America. Likely a good carry piece, maybe a S&W Airweight .38, though I would like to buy something not on the MA Approved Firearms Roster, as a matter of principle. Or a Yugo (or Russian) SKS, great reliable battle rifle for short $$$.

polyanarch

Quote from: mAss Backwards on October 26, 2006, 08:04 AM NHFT

4. TBD, once I make the move to Free America. Likely a good carry piece, maybe a S&W Airweight .38, though I would like to buy something not on the MA Approved Firearms Roster, as a matter of principle. Or a Yugo (or Russian) SKS, great reliable battle rifle for short $$$.

Every American has, as his sacred duty, the responsibility to own and train with a military battle rifle.

Anyone who doesn't do this is lacking something in my eyes.

No excuse!  Get yourself a cheap Yugo SKS and 1K of ammo and go shoot at least HALF of it learning to shoot it well.

Just go out and spend the $250 and don't whine that you can't afford it.  Do you have a TV?  You should have a military rifle as part of the American Citizen Militia BEFORE you waste money on luxury items like a TV set, cigarettes, booze or fancy clothes.  It's your RESPONSIBILITY.  For $250 and a few weekends at the range you can live up to your responsibility easily.  There really isn't any excuse.

-Jim