• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Comment on this pic..

Started by mraaron, October 19, 2006, 07:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Radical_Teen

KBCraig

Quote from: kira_jane on October 19, 2006, 09:34 PM NHFT
I don't get it. :dontknow:

The various military branches have certain --ummm-- "reputations" about the relative hardships they endure. Maybe this classic joke will help:

If you told Navy sailors to "secure a building," they would turn off the lights and lock the doors.

Army soldiers would occupy the building so no one could enter.

Marines would assault the building, capture it, and defend it with suppressive fire and close combat.

Air Force airmen would take out a three-year lease with an option to buy.

Kevin

Pat K

Or this joke.

An Army general, Marine general and Navy Admiral are standing on a pier.
The Army gern. says you wants to see balls? Yells out -soldier jump in front of that jeep, the soldier does. The Marine say shit watch this and yells to a Marine jump in front of that tank, the marine does.

The Navy Admiral Yawns and yells up to a sailor on the carrier deck, Sailor jump off that ship, The sailor flips him the bird and says Fuck you.

The Admiral turns to the other 2 and says, now that is balls.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on October 20, 2006, 03:09 AM NHFT
The sailor flips him the bird and says Fuck you.

But, enough about  you...  ;D

mraaron

QuoteThe Admiral turns to the other 2 and says, now that is balls.
;D
I thought the pic summed up my experience.  When I was in the Army, the hottest girl I dated was in SP in the Air Force.  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

If that is a recruitment poster, I guess I'll take the Navy or AirForce.

My living ex bro in law was an officer in the Air Force in the late 60's, early 70's.  They were still building bases in those days. He claimed the first thing they would build was the golf course.

mvpel

Perhaps Amanda Phillips can comment on this thread...   ;D

cathleeninnh

Is she in the picture?

Cathleen

d_goddard

Quote from: mvpel on November 06, 2006, 12:29 PM NHFT
Perhaps Amanda Phillips can comment on this thread...   ;D
Now that is balls

Dan

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 20, 2006, 08:12 AM NHFT
If that is a recruitment poster, I guess I'll take the Navy or AirForce.

My living ex bro in law was an officer in the Air Force in the late 60's, early 70's.  They were still building bases in those days. He claimed the first thing they would build was the golf course.

LLoyd, they are the only ones you'd pass the physical for.

*duck*

Lloyd Danforth

When I went in if you had a pulse and were moist inside you passed the physical to get in.  The Army and Marines were drafting and the Air Force and Navy picked up the college guys who lost their 2S deferment.

Dan

Sorry to hear it.  Glad you made it.