• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Life In NH" Thread on Glocktalk.com forum.

Started by GCG199, October 22, 2006, 07:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Quote from: maineiac on October 24, 2006, 07:05 AM NHFT

Within the past two years or so, 1.75L jugs of Canadian whiskey were routinely available in N.H. stores at $9-$10. Most generic liquors in 1.75L jugs could also be found from time to time at those prices or lower.

(due to a low carb diet, I have not had a drink since Sept. 13th) :-\
1.75L of Zhekna Vodka is the cheapest alcohol here according to the state site, at $9

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: KBCraig on October 23, 2006, 09:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Rochelle on October 23, 2006, 01:36 PM NHFT
Here's a site that has a whole bunch of information on the different states and different excise taxes in them. Makes NH look real good.

NH looks even better when you realize that the sales tax rates shown are only the states' portions. In many places, there is also county or local sales tax on top of that. For instance, they show Texas and Arkansas as 6.25% and 6.0%, but where I live at the border of those two states, the rate is 8.25% (the statutory maximum) in Texas, and 9.25% (I think) on the Arkansas side of town.

Kevin

Good point.  I heard some states without a general sales tax actually have some towns with local sales tax (like AK and MT).

maineiac

Yup. 

Where I used to live in Alaska there was a 6% local sales tax.

>:(

As long as men meet, there will always be some degree of thievery. This may someday change, however, the historical record is not encouraging.

:(

Quantrill

QuoteWithin the past two years or so, 1.75L jugs of Canadian whiskey were routinely available in N.H. stores at $9-$10.

They have whiskey in Canada? 

On a somewhat-related topic, any 'shine' being made in NH?   8)   There have to be some freedom-lovers making moonshine up there, no?

If not, there's a business idea for someone!   

burnthebeautiful

With there being vodka that costs 9 dollars per 1.75L, I don't think there'd be much profit in shine.

mvpel

You should see the prices on cheap grocery store Russian vodka in Yekaterinburg if you think that's good.  ;D

Dreepa

Quote from: mvpel on October 26, 2006, 04:33 PM NHFT
You should see the prices on cheap grocery store Russian vodka in Yekaterinburg if you think that's good.  ;D
I once had a bottle of vodka in Tula (city near Moscow where they make pistols) that had a pulltab top.