• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Life In NH" Thread on Glocktalk.com forum.

Started by GCG199, October 22, 2006, 07:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GCG199

I just came across this thread over on the Glocktalk.com forums. If anyone here is a member there, they might want to post there.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=7155122ed922cde3675e406d331aafa3&threadid=605933

Quantrill

Is this true?

Oh, and because of no sales tax or alcohol tax, a bottle of Jack Daniel's that costs $25 here in Philly cost NINE FREAKIN DOLLARS there!

;D

MaineShark

MattLeft

Quote from: Quantrill on October 22, 2006, 07:50 PM NHFT
Is this true?

Oh, and because of no sales tax or alcohol tax, a bottle of Jack Daniel's that costs $25 here in Philly cost NINE FREAKIN DOLLARS there!

;D

Damn, I hope so.  Jack & I have a longstanding acquaintance.

aries

Is this true?

;D

The largest JD 1.75l:
Retail Bottle Price   30.99

750ml:
Retail Bottle Price   17.99

375:
Retail Bottle Price   10.49

error

Those are cheaper than the state liquor store prices in Oregon. >:(

Braddogg

Quote from: aries on October 23, 2006, 06:02 AM NHFT
The largest JD 1.75l:

750ml:

375:

Music, aries, MUSIC to my ears!  Is this on the "101 Reasons for New Hampshire" on the FSP website?  If not, it should be!  Plus, no dag-nab redemption on Coke -- the cheapest Jack-and-Coke around!

Rochelle

QuoteIs this true?

There's a beer tax though, $0.30 per gallon in NH. I guess the legislatures wanted to provide an incentive for everyone get drunk quicker and go straight for the hard stuff instead of having a few beers first.
Here's a site that has a whole bunch of information on the different states and different excise taxes in them. Makes NH look real good.

bwisok

My book gives a pretty good idea of what life will be like for a single guy wanting to be politically active, and even gives some idea of the advantages to the Paul Bunyan (or Babe the Bllue Ox) sort of fellows.  There's a pretty good hospitality function run by Margot Keyes, and the Free State site has some excellent links. 

I love it here, I feel this is where I belong.  You'll be thrilled you made the move, believe me.

bw

burnthebeautiful

Quote from: Braddogg on October 23, 2006, 07:01 AM NHFT
The largest JD 1.75l:

750ml:

375:

Music, aries, MUSIC to my ears!  Is this on the "101 Reasons for New Hampshire" on the FSP website?  If not, it should be!  Plus, no dag-nab redemption on Coke -- the cheapest Jack-and-Coke around!

It's not 9 dollars though... Although in Swedish state liqour stores the prices for Jack Daniels are:

700ml $40.24

350ml $20.59

Most gas stations I saw during my visit to NH sold 12 packs of coke for 3-3.50, or two for $5. In Sweden coke is $0.80-$1.00 a can.

Quantrill

QuoteThere's a beer tax though, $0.30 per gallon in NH. I guess the legislatures wanted to provide an incentive for everyone get drunk quicker and go straight for the hard stuff instead of having a few beers first.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!      :pissedoff:   

Ok, this has got to get changed ASAP.   PRIORITIES!!!

KBCraig

Quote from: Rochelle on October 23, 2006, 01:36 PM NHFT
Here's a site that has a whole bunch of information on the different states and different excise taxes in them. Makes NH look real good.

NH looks even better when you realize that the sales tax rates shown are only the states' portions. In many places, there is also county or local sales tax on top of that. For instance, they show Texas and Arkansas as 6.25% and 6.0%, but where I live at the border of those two states, the rate is 8.25% (the statutory maximum) in Texas, and 9.25% (I think) on the Arkansas side of town.

Kevin

Atlas

Is this true?

;D

The largest JD 1.75l:

750ml:

375:

Normally, I pay $25+ for a fifth of JD in Mich. Your price is awesome.

mvpel

That's principally because the profit margin is part of the tax, through the unconstitutional state monopoly on liquor sales.

maineiac

Within the past two years or so, 1.75L jugs of Canadian whiskey were routinely available in N.H. stores at $9-$10. Most generic liquors in 1.75L jugs could also be found from time to time at those prices or lower.

(due to a low carb diet, I have not had a drink since Sept. 13th) :-\