• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Flash tonight?

Started by John, March 07, 2005, 03:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Anyone "flash protesting" tonght?

Kat Kanning

I heard 3 or 4 people say they'd go.

John

Thanks Kat.

After I posted I thought, Hmmmm, how about I get my ass over there and find out.

So I'm out of here for a nice ride to the coast.

Kat Kanning

Have fun!  Don't get too cold "flashing"!

John

One Man Seen Flashing In XXL Shirt

One man, one hour, one sign: PROPERTY RIGHTS ZONED OUT, one flag: DONT TREAD ON ME, one new white XXL t-shirt (to fit over jacket) costum-made with (red + blue) STAND UP for Justice & Liberty (and a small black NHfree.com) on the front and (black) COULD YOU BE NEXT? (and a small red NHfree.com) on the back.  Well, one of the rules in Hampton is that we can only have as many signs as we can hold.  Right?  So I figured, hey, an XXL shirt gives me room for two exrta signs.

Arive at 6:35 in time for most people entering Town Hall, stand under street light across the street (most visible spot), two men (one with big vidieo-cam) come out of Town Hall at about 6:50, we exchange friendly waves, they stay on the top step of Town Hall and vidio from there for several minutes, I move around enough so that they can get all of the "signs", by about 7:20 most people are leaving, 7:25 lights going out inside, I stay 'till the last man is out and all but one have driven away, 7:35 start packing it up.

Each time we are in Hampton, support from passers-by grows. Tonight there were more honks than I expected, more waves, a few more thumbs up, and one very big V from a passenger.
Oh, and one person who was walking by to visit the library also gave words of support to.

End night at the coast with dinner with a friend in Hampton, going over today's Hampton Ballot, discuss ballot with 21-year-old-registered-voter who had not been planning to vote today . . .

21 year old will be voting!

Home by mid-night.   ;D

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

Way to go John!!!  Woohoo!!!  :)

Quote from: hamptoninsider on March 08, 2005, 06:15 AM NHFT
It's theft by deception and revisionism practised in Soviet Hampton by ardent despots who?despise their constituents.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Dave Ridley

Nice going John!  What was the videotaping thing all about?  Who were the people videotaping John?   Did the video get on the air somewhere?

H.I.  do you have anythign else to report regarding the reaction of politicians to these continuing protests?

There is another mini protest scheduled for *next* monday, the 14th same bat time... will be there if I can; have to check my schedule.

But it means a lot to me that you guys are picking up on these calander entries and showing up even if not a lot of organizing is possible every time. 

John

I miss Hampton.

How are the zoning fools doing?
How is Myrtle?
I'm thinking of stopping by for a "surprize/flash"  visit around 6:30 - ??:?? this Monday night (5/16), outside Hampton Town Hall.
Does that make sense?  Anyone care to join me? 

While I'm there, maybe I'll stay in Hampton alll night and get more photos of the coast - this time at sunrise.

Russell Kanning

Sounds like fun ...especially now that the weather isn't cold. I hope you have fun and a little company. :D

Michael Fisher

The Woodward family has still not replied regarding my proposed fast for their cause.

I wonder if their lawyer told them it was too risky.

KBCraig

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 16, 2005, 09:54 PM NHFT
The Woodward family has still not replied regarding my proposed fast for their cause.

More than likely, they just don't get it. It's not a mainstream American response to hardship or turmoil. To a typical American Christian, it would sound a bit off-the-wall, especially coming from a complete stranger.

I understand the magnitude of your gesture, but they probably don't.

Kevin

Michael Fisher

Quote from: KBCraig on May 16, 2005, 10:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on May 16, 2005, 09:54 PM NHFT

More than likely, they just don't get it. It's not a mainstream American response to hardship or turmoil. To a typical American Christian, it would sound a bit off-the-wall, especially coming from a complete stranger.

I understand the magnitude of your gesture, but they probably don't.

Kevin

Fasting is a major theme in Christianity and several other religions.? Various stories say that Jesus, Elijah, Moses, Elias, Saint Patrick, and Saint Francis of Assisi fasted for 40 days.? Christian churches hold fasts and seek sponsors as fundraisers.? My wife fasted for two weeks once in support of some type of research (multiple sclerosis?).

If a fast is done correctly, it should not create resentment or retaliation of any kind.

I think it would greatly benefit their cause if their case leads to my prolonged fast.