• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Silent Demo at Manchester public schools HQ

Started by Dave Ridley, October 25, 2006, 10:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Arright...here's a report on the second micro-demonstration I did yesterday, the 24th.  This one was also in opposition to that plan to put surveillance cams on Manchester school busses.  This time I went to the Manchester schools headquarters on Commercial Street.

I like to say that every silent demo comes with an amusing surprise....not from me usually but from them.   In this case their were several surprises and I'm happy to say they were all pleasant.

The office looked nothing like a bureaucrat headquarters.  Its lobby was pleasantly but not opulantly furnished. 

I headed over to a corner and opened the sign, which read:

Is it right
to make taxpayers
fund bus cams?
NHfree.com

The receptionist asked me if she could help me and I handed her the flyer.  I don't have the text in front of me so will post that later.  She looked it and said "hmm...New Hampshire Free dot com!"   

I don't remember everything that happened but a couple people went by and accepted flyers from me.  One lady walked over to me and picked up a little piece of trash that was near my feet.  She smiled at me and said "you don't need to be standing in trash!"

Various other folks came out and eyeballed the sign. 

To be continued...

Tom Sawyer

Braddogg

newhampshirefree.com isn't registered . . . .  Good protest, sounds like it was a little less nerve wracking than your others.

maxxoccupancy

Can we get nhfree.com or nhliberty.org signs up while people are looking at those signs?  This would be a good time to relate taxpayer advocacy with the fsp in general.

--max

Dave Ridley

i put nhfree.com on most of my silent demo signs.   not that many people see them tho, just the small target audience of bureaucrats.