• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unruly teens provoke anger Commercial St. business owners ask for city's help

Started by Kat Kanning, October 26, 2006, 04:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 01, 2006, 12:57 AM NHFT
End government property.  Problem solved.

Oh OK.  I'll call the business owners and have them get right on that.  That'll fix them right up.

maineiac

Possible free market solution: install a couple of well placed Mosquitos, those sonic devices which emit an annoying sound frequency audible only to those under 22ish!

Seriously! (I can only open one page at a time, hence I have posted no link, but Google it up and see for yourself)

KBCraig

Quote from: maineiac on November 01, 2006, 07:58 AM NHFT

Possible free market solution: install a couple of well placed Mosquitos, those sonic devices which emit an annoying sound frequency audible only to those under 22ish!

Seriously! (I can only open one page at a time, hence I have posted no link, but Google it up and see for yourself)

Interesting.

http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/

mvpel

This page: http://www.jetcityorange.com/MosquitoRingtone.html - has a free WAV file with the 17kHz tone on it.  At 36 as of yesterday, I can tell the computer's doing something the moment the playback starts with a very tiny, almost unnoticable change in what I'm hearing, but after that, zilch.  I would never notice it if it weren't for the progress bar on the Windows Media Player.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 01, 2006, 07:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 01, 2006, 12:57 AM NHFT
End government property.  Problem solved.

Oh OK.  I'll call the business owners and have them get right on that.  That'll fix them right up.

Well, it would.   :P

Private property would be protected by private security whom you wouldn't have to *beg* to protect you and your stuff.  If they weren't doing an acceptable job, you could hire the competition.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: mvpel on November 01, 2006, 01:08 PM NHFT
This page: http://www.jetcityorange.com/MosquitoRingtone.html - has a free WAV file with the 17kHz tone on it.  At 36 as of yesterday, I can tell the computer's doing something the moment the playback starts with a very tiny, almost unnoticable change in what I'm hearing, but after that, zilch.  I would never notice it if it weren't for the progress bar on the Windows Media Player.

OUCH!!! That REALLY hurts my ears!!! :o :o :o

I guess that's what I get for always trying to protect my hearing. Now I'm susceptible to the teen frequency.  :P

Pat McCotter

I can't hear a thing from it. 10 years in Navy enginerooms, 10 years at cogeneration plants, 2 years in a steam plant and now at hydro plants and having lost one inner ear - ya think that might do it?

BTW: You also might want to check out his barcode pages.

Pat K

Quote from: Pat McCotter on November 12, 2006, 05:02 AM NHFT
I can't hear a thing from it. 10 years in Navy enginerooms, 10 years at cogeneration plants, 2 years in a steam plant and now at hydro plants and having lost one inner ear - ya think that might do it?

BTW: You also might want to check out his barcode pages.

I see I am not the only foolish boiler man not to wear enough hearing protection.

Dave Ridley

maybe a silent demonstration in front of the teens would have an effect, at some risk.

Braddogg

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 12, 2006, 09:41 PM NHFT
maybe a silent demonstration in front of the teens would have an effect, at some risk.

Please bring some observers with you on this one . . . .

Ear

Throw the kids a party, bring in a band or two that they have some respect for, and have the people in the bands make some short speeches between songs asking the kids to pick up their litter and be sensitive to the rights of other people in the area.

A few friendly speeches from their hosts the local Libertarians wouldn't hurt either.

d_goddard

Quote from: Ear on November 12, 2006, 11:52 PM NHFT
Throw the kids a party, bring in a band or two that they have some respect for, and have the people in the bands make some short speeches between songs asking the kids to pick up their litter and be sensitive to the rights of other people in the area.

A few friendly speeches from their hosts the local Libertarians wouldn't hurt either.
That's so crazy it just might work...
Get the shop owners to appreciate the Libertarians (by convincing the kids to quit loitering) AND get the kids, too.
As for local libertarians... maybe a short speech from a local talk radio host, one whose show is popular with the younger demographic...  8)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 12, 2006, 09:41 PM NHFT

Not if the usual proportion of our members is go armed

eques

I'm 27, and I can just hear it.  Of course, now, my ears are ringing. :P  I had to turn it up all the way.

Of course, my cat had her ears back, looking in my direction.  ;)

[Edit] - Played it for my girlfriend--she heard it right away, and she's 25.  Go figure.  :)