• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Weather

Started by Pat K, October 29, 2006, 04:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

The weather observatory atop New Hampshire's 6,288-foot Mount Washington, famous for severe weather, reported sustained wind of 100 mph and a gust to 114 mph. The peak also got 11 inches of snow overnight, for an October total of 39 inches.

This was for yesterday, wow!!

citizen_142002

There are a few flakes flying in Nelson right now.

aries

The Mountain's had snow on it for over a week now.
A little on the ground in Twin Mt too!

Extremely windy this week.

Lloyd Danforth

I was in the strongest gust of wind I have ever been in while fueling my car in Wilton today.  I can't understand why there is a leaf left on any tree in New Hampshire.

John

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 29, 2006, 08:13 PM NHFTI can't understand why there is a leaf left on any tree in New Hampshire.

Some leaves hold on - alone. Some leaves remain in "clusters."
Many of the solitary leaves will still be there in the spring.  The clusters will thin out as some can not hold on.
Throughout the winter I always enjoy seeing the streanth of the few. I know not why; but they hold on.

Dreepa

Quote from: John on October 29, 2006, 08:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 29, 2006, 08:13 PM NHFTI can't understand why there is a leaf left on any tree in New Hampshire.

Some leaves hold on - alone. Some leaves remain in "clusters."
Many of the solitary leaves will still be there in the spring.  The clusters will thin out as some can not hold on.
Throughout the winter I always enjoy seeing the streanth of the few. I know not why; but they hold on.
John there could be a song brewing about that...... :)

Lloyd Danforth

I know the Oaks hold on to their leaves thru the winter.

John

However, we only got an autumn "nor easter" - no snow.
If this had been snow, I'd be snowshoeing very early.   8)
None-the-less - and regaurdless of how hard the wind - in the spring some will still be there - no matter what.  Some will hold on - as they must.

John

Quote from: Dreepa on October 29, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFTJohn there could be a song brewing about that...... :)

;)  Thank you!
Since the days of my youth (as in, "When first I came to meet you in those early summer days...") I have always felt that New Hampshire was worthy of many, many songs . . . haveing now come Home, I am starting that . . . I only hope that my songs (and other art) are worthy of New Hampshire . . . This is SO TRUELY my Home . . .
[I was actualy thinking about starting a seperate thread about this.]

Speaking of brewing, I think I'll have another brew.