• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

China, the Internet, and Irony

Started by KBCraig, October 31, 2006, 06:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

One of my favorite quotes is from Jack Nicholson: "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch."

Here's one that's similar, on the irony scale:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=internetNews&storyid=2006-10-31T114645Z_01_L31424107_RTRUKOC_0_US-GREECE-INTERNET-CHINA.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Reporters without Borders, a press freedom group, said sales by major U.S. companies to China had bolstered Beijing's capabilities of limiting Internet access in the country.

"You sold technology to Chinese police which they then use to limit and control Internet freedom," Julien Pain of Reporters Without Borders told the forum in Athens.

"The governments of democratic countries should regulate the activities of Internet companies to prevent this kind of abuse."

So... democratic countries should strictly regulate the internet, to stop China from regulating it?

???

error

More than that was China saying they don't censor the Internet.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on November 01, 2006, 03:41 AM NHFT
More than that was China saying they don't censor the Internet.

I'm sure that was said with a straight face. We see the same straight face here every time a politician says they support the 2nd Amendment, but believe in "reasonable restrictions".

Kevin