• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Why is everyone moving to Vermont?  I know it's considered a highly advanced civilization, now that they finally have caller ID, but how do you deal with all the cheese monkeys?  And haven't they run out of people to surrender to?
Your still going to have to come back to New Hampshire if you want something from WalMart... or beer and cigarettes... fireworks.
Luthor's going so his "tea bags can catch some wind".  What ever that means.

Russell Kanning

this thread has 17 pages

song on the computer
"praise you in this storm" by casting crowns :)

we have something like 8 inches so far
i am half done snowblowing with the small machine
i wonder how much more

John

And the wind.
This building makes the strangest noises when it is windy.
Its kind of interesting and makes me think about how very differently people respond to such noises.

I've never experienced anything like this before. But, I've never actually been sitting quietly, in such a big old (1798) church building, sitting so quietly, alone, thoughout a storm, quietly listening to how the building is responding to the first of winter storms. Very strange and interesting indeed.

Then I here a racing (kind of whining) engine and wonder what the heck is that all about. I can't tell from which direction it came. And then again, and its gone.
When I look out back at the rail trail I realize it was the sound of snowmobilers at play.

Winter definitely arrived today.

Russell Kanning

still saw some snow blowing around ..... brrr

Pat K

I have had to were a flannel shirt several times while down here in Flowda.

Looks like a stormy weekend, may have to extend vac.

Lloyd Danforth

Damn! It's snowing like Hell here in Grafton. Looks like we might get as much as half the snow they are getting in Long Island.

John

Did I mention that I don't like snow as much as I used to?

MaineShark

I think we caught up with that one.  Over two feet, here.

Joe

Jim Johnson

We received 10 inches of fluffy snow today in Winchester.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on January 05, 2011, 03:45 PM NHFT
I have had to were a flannel shirt several times while down here in Flowda.

You're currently in the only state without snow on the ground. Even Hawaii has snow.

Lloyd Danforth

Unless he extended the Hell out of his vacation, he is surrounded by 19 inches of fresh snow ;D

Pat K

Actually we only got about 12 inches and
since the job has contracted out snow removal
and my future in-law showed up with a damn big
snow blower and had the house done in 20 min,
I find this snow fall is not very bothersome.

John

Grafton looked quite awesome today. Lots of very light flakes floating around everywhere.
It kind of looked like one of those balls you can shake to make the snow fly around, only it kept on flying for a very long time.
Very nice.

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth