• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

eques

Our apartment door opens outward and we have no easement or canopy or anything overhead, so I spent most of yesterday evening fretting about 2" of snow in front of the door... Of course, it's probably good that I did so as I didn't have to manage 6" of snow butt up against the door, but we got far less snow than I was expecting.

It doesn't help that my back is about 2 wrong bends/twists from being thrown out.

Friday

It was a total free-for-all on the Everett Turnpike last night.  Too much snow on the ground to see the lane dividers, so everyone just made their own.  I loved it when an 18-wheeler suddenly decided to create another "lane" in between me and the car in the "lane" next to me.  :icon_pale:

I've got a good two feet of drifted snow on my balcony, and the snowplough guy is apparently smoking a fatty rather than clearing my road.  Looks like a good day to stay inside, bake cookies and...   :read2:

eques

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on March 17, 2007, 07:54 AM NHFT
...I spent most of yesterday evening fretting about 2" of snow in front of the door...

(When I say "fretting," I mean that I went out to shovel 2" of snow about 2 or 3 times.)

Quote from: Friday on March 17, 2007, 08:05 AM NHFT
It was a total free-for-all on the Everett Turnpike last night.  Too much snow on the ground to see the lane dividers, so everyone just made their own.  I loved it when an 18-wheeler suddenly decided to create another "lane" in between me and the car in the "lane" next to me.  :icon_pale:

I've got a good two feet of drifted snow on my balcony, and the snowplough guy is apparently smoking a fatty rather than clearing my road.  Looks like a good day to stay inside, bake cookies and...   :read2:

Ch'kah!  Yeah... I'm glad I wasn't out at night at all!  It started snowing up here around 5:30ish... and it stuck REAL fast.

We baked cookies last night!

Today, however, I'm going to venture up to Plymouth.  I need to get out of the apartment, I think.

Lloyd Danforth

I did 2" of snow three times also thinking if I waited too long it would get too wet for the blower.  We used the blower on an additional 3-4inches just before dark.  The stuff out there looks white, but, I know it rained all night, so.....I'm very afraid to go out.

Dreepa

Time to go sledding... my neighbor called me and told me NOT to shovel he will be by later with the snowblower!!!!!! ;D

Russell Kanning

no rain here .... just a bunch of snow

Tom Sawyer

We got more than a foot... here I am on my second time plowing, it was a lot heavier.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lloyd Danforth

Anyone with a gun live near Punxsutawney, PA?

Friday

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 17, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT

Don't even think about it; Phil is adorable!   :smitten:

Man, a combination of drifting snow and my friendly neighborhood plowguy  :angryfire: left my car half-buried in snow.  I had to dig around the tires just to get out of my parking space.  I think this is the most snow I have seen since I moved to New Hampshire.  :eastsnow:

toowm

The dog is absolutely loving it. We got about 18", which makes it just under his torso. He is bounding around the yard with the kids.

Russell Kanning

toowm

Just after I wrote, he got out of the yard. The temporary radio fence is partially above ground, and must have broken. He got about 20 houses down before we coaxed him close enough to grab him back.

Very scary with cars on an icy street, but he's safe now.

aworldnervelink

My neighbor has taken it upon himself to plow my driveway... today he ripped apart the wire and disabled the fence. I managed to twist the ends back together but I will have to do a full repair once the snow melts.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Friday on March 17, 2007, 05:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 17, 2007, 12:55 PM NHFT

Don't even think about it; Phil is adorable!   :smitten:

Man, a combination of drifting snow and my friendly neighborhood plowguy  :angryfire: left my car half-buried in snow.  I had to dig around the tires just to get out of my parking space.  I think this is the most snow I have seen since I moved to New Hampshire.  :eastsnow:

Glad you're happy

error

Oh yes, it was nasty all the way into Pennsylvania.