• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

No biggie. The latest I saw it snow in western Arkiesaw where I grew up (and which is not generally noted for impressive snowfall), was April 15. I believe that was in 1978, but don't quote me.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Late-season+snowstorm+approaching&articleId=03ac7ed6-c548-4001-b588-fd2f636bcbf3

Late-season snowstorm approaching

You didn't take your snow tires off, did you? Six inches or more of snow may fall across New Hampshire tonight. Rain may limit the accumulation.

Check the Weather section of UnionLeader.com's home page for detailed local information from AccuWeather. Click the link below for National Weather Service advisories.

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on April 04, 2007, 01:09 AM NHFT
No biggie. The latest I saw it snow in western Arkiesaw where I grew up (and which is not generally noted for impressive snowfall), was April 15. I believe that was in 1978, but don't quote me.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Late-season+snowstorm+approaching&articleId=03ac7ed6-c548-4001-b588-fd2f636bcbf3

Late-season snowstorm approaching

You didn't take your snow tires off, did you? Six inches or more of snow may fall across New Hampshire tonight. Rain may limit the accumulation.

Check the Weather section of UnionLeader.com's home page for detailed local information from AccuWeather. Click the link below for National Weather Service advisories.

As I said, the 'studs' are still being employed on both the Quattro AWD and the Tundra 4WD.

mvpel

I had one major segment of a coppiced silver maple snap about 10 feet off the ground this morning.  Thankfully it missed the house, though not by much.  I'll post pictures later today.

John

Quote from: mvpel on March 26, 2007, 08:31 AM NHFT
This was the scene out our back window on Sunday morning:

Great picture!  I always enjoy how things tend to look quite black & white in these scenes --- until one puts something (such as the swing) into the mix. ;)
Thanks for sharing that.

John

Roads were fine coming Home to NH this morning  - with the exception of some big (dangerous) puddles (south of our border) in the passing lane.

Russell Kanning

we have about 4 inches of nice looking sticky snow ... we had one branch land partially on the van.

John

Very pretty all the way home - even better when Home into NH!

The birds here (in Salem) look a bit like . . . well, they look like they are all waiting for something.   :o

Dreepa

We got about 11 inches of heavy wet snow.  Power was out for about 8 hours.

Pat K

Sunny and dry on the Isle of Long today.

Tom Sawyer

The snow is pretty... of course it means I had to put the plow back on the ATV.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kat Kanning

Power was out two hours here.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 05, 2007, 01:31 PM NHFT
Power was out two hours here.

Yeah our power was out here too for about 4 hours.  I don't know about you but to me it's so peaceful when the power goes out.  I love it except for not being able to get a shower, but I'm lucky because I have a hair appt. today so my hair will get washed. 
My kids always make fun of me because we have a regular phone and just 1 cordless so every time the power goes out they think I'm great because they get to use the phone. ::)
I got the kids to go out and put a whole bunch of snow in our tub so we could flush the toilet if we had to. :)

Russell Kanning

you guys don't have water if the power goes out?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 01:47 PM NHFT
you guys don't have water if the power goes out?

Only the water that's left in the hot water heater and when that's gone we an electric water pump, we don't have a manual pump for the well but I think we should get one.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 05, 2007, 11:24 AM NHFT
The snow is pretty... of course it means I had to put the plow back on the ATV.

Is that the cage where you keep the kid?