• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 05, 2007, 05:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 05, 2007, 11:24 AM NHFT
The snow is pretty... of course it means I had to put the plow back on the ATV.

Is that the cage where you keep the kid?

Poor poor parakeet, maybe?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 05, 2007, 01:56 PM NHFTwe don't have a manual pump for the well but I think we should get one.
and an extra storage tank that can gavity feed into your house :)

Dreepa

Quote from: Dreepa on April 05, 2007, 11:06 AM NHFT
We got about 11 inches of heavy wet snow.  Power was out for about 8 hours.
Crack smoker.
It was about 6 inches... 11 for the drift. 
When I went out to shovel at 5pm it didn't seem as deep.

error

Damn, I miss all the fun. The power here only flickered on and off all night.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 05, 2007, 05:01 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 05, 2007, 11:24 AM NHFT
The snow is pretty... of course it means I had to put the plow back on the ATV.

Is that the cage where you keep the kid?

No  ;D But that's not a bad idea.

Just a bird feeder... I think she hasn't filled this one cause she thinks it's pretty. The other feeders have been very busy lately. The bird are real happy to get fed this time of year.

We have greatly increased the bird population since we have been on the mountain. Our Veterinarian is envious of the wide range of species we see here. Because we have clearings and woods with lots of shelter, food and water.

Here in another month it gets pretty outrageous at dawn with all the different birds singing away. No need for an alarm clock.  :)

Lloyd Danforth

I see the chain now.  I had no sense of proportion!  Looked like a weird phone booth in the middle of your yard ;D

Tom Sawyer

;D ;D ;D

Yeah and it looks like 6 foot of snow on it's roof.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 05, 2007, 09:44 PM NHFT
I see the chain now.  I had no sense of proportion!  Looked like a weird phone booth in the middle of your yard ;D
this is the back woods ..... also aren't drug deals in your old hood done on mobilephones now?

aries

KBCraig

On baseball's Opening Day throughout the country, grounds crews carefully manicure green grass, precisely lay down foul lines, and use rakes and drag mats to beautify the dirt into a perfect consistency.

In New Hampshire, they use snow shovels, and a Zamboni on the infield.

KBCraig

Lloyd Danforth

error

You never know how much you're going to get or how long it will last...

John

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 05, 2007, 09:44 PM NHFT

I did a double-take upon first glance. :o  Nice photo.

John

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 05, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFTHere in another month it gets pretty outrageous at dawn with all the different birds singing away. No need for an alarm clock.  :)

As I walk the forest in the spring morning hours, it has occurred to me that folks who think/imagine that this is a "quiet" walk have never done this at these hours.

I find it to be kind of loud - particularly down by the "wetland."