• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Well, I can see how Elizabeth couldn't mow the grass down there!  :o

dysurian

It's finally snowing here in Minnesota today! It looks like only 4 or 5 inches, but enough to get excited about if you own a sled or a snowplow. I really love driving in the snow...a LOT. More than any reasonable person should.

Every time I tell someone I'm moving to NH, they always get wide-eyed and say something like "how are you going to handle those cold NH winters?" or something like that. They don't seem to understand that I like the winter. I live. In Min. Esota. How bad can NH possibly be in comparison? I did hear from one friend that the snowfall in NH is pretty high, so maybe that's what these people are always talking about? It snows a good amount here, but I can't imagine NH being as cold as Minnesota in the depths of an angry January.

Insurgent

Quote from: dysurian on December 01, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT
It's finally snowing here in Minnesota today! It looks like only 4 or 5 inches, but enough to get excited about if you own a sled or a snowplow. I really love driving in the snow...a LOT. More than any reasonable person should.

Every time I tell someone I'm moving to NH, they always get wide-eyed and say something like "how are you going to handle those cold NH winters?" or something like that. They don't seem to understand that I like the winter. I live. In Min. Esota. How bad can NH possibly be in comparison? I did hear from one friend that the snowfall in NH is pretty high, so maybe that's what these people are always talking about? It snows a good amount here, but I can't imagine NH being as cold as Minnesota in the depths of an angry January.

NH weather is much milder than MN, I can attest to this fact! There were winters in MN in my memory where it didn't get above zero for weeks on end. Last winter here I can't remember a day where it got below 20 above. The summers are milder, too. Minnesota summers are often unbearable, but here it's pretty tolerable.

Puke

The winter shouldn't be too different. The two states are pretty much on the same longitude.

dysurian

Quote from: Puke on December 01, 2007, 09:15 PM NHFT
The winter shouldn't be too different. The two states are pretty much on the same longitude.

I figured as much, but I understand that certain points of upstate New York to have unbearable winters due to lake effect or some other such meteorological stuff that I can't ever seem to understand  ::)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: dysurian on December 01, 2007, 09:20 PM NHFT

I figured as much, but I understand that certain points of upstate New York to have unbearable winters due to lake effect or some other such meteorological stuff that I can't ever seem to understand  ::)

I'm seeing more problems with condensation.
Warmer air holds more moisture than colder air.  When the warmer air is cooled, the water comes out of the air.
The air moving across the Great Lakes picks up water, if it is colder on shore when the moist air arrives the water will condense out of the air.  If it is colder than freezing, it will become snow.

It's the same problem the Chemtrails Guys have.   :_snowball__by_darkmoon3636:

Pat K

The tag things Pat K loves
is funny.

Real Fucking funny.

Insurgent

latitude?  :) MN and NH are

dysurian

Quote from: Insurgent on December 01, 2007, 10:20 PM NHFT

Oooh...nice catch. +1 just because I finally have enough posts on this forum!

John

Quote from: dysurian on December 01, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT. . . It looks like only 4 or 5 inches, but enough to get excited about if you own a sled or a snowplow. I really love driving in the snow...a LOT. More than any reasonable person should.

;D ;D ;D
There sometimes/often seems no reasonable explaination for our loves.   ;)  (Actualy there are reasons.)
:_eatsnow__by_Conuyaku: :grouphug: :_eatsnow__by_Conuyaku: :peace:  "To everything there is a season."
I love all of the seasons!

"Let it snow
Let it snow
Let it snow"

Insurgent

Quote from: dysurian on December 01, 2007, 10:25 PM NHFT

'Sal right--most of us, including yours truly, went to public schools  :)

dysurian

Quote from: Insurgent on December 01, 2007, 10:43 PM NHFT

...plus, the man wants you to use his latitude and longitude. We need an open source world positioning system ;)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: dysurian on December 01, 2007, 09:05 PM NHFT
Every time I tell someone I'm moving to NH, they always get wide-eyed and say something like "how are you going to handle those cold NH winters?" or something like that.

That is pretty funny.  Do you know why they think that?  The polar weather is much more likely to reach MN and it is likely to stay there longer.  Maybe they thought you were moving to Mt. Washington, as it is known to have the worst weather in the world.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: dysurian on December 01, 2007, 10:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: Insurgent on December 01, 2007, 10:43 PM NHFT

...plus, the man wants you to use his latitude and longitude. We need an open source world positioning system ;)

Perhaps we can get Russel to work out an alternative to 'the man's' Longitude and latitude propaganda

Llloyd

Puke