• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Well there ain't no sweater that can hide my holiday
plumpness.

Some big storms coming.

Hope they don't ruin the flag burn/ birthday party.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 12, 2007, 10:27 AM NHFT
later this winter we will have to sled down our new hill ... it is very slick ... we need to put in a pulley system for tow ropes though

We have a hell of a hill too, people can even go down it in the summer.  Rick went sledding the other day and ended up in the woods somewhere. ::)

Pat K

Quote from: raineyrocks on December 12, 2007, 03:45 PM NHFT
later this winter we will have to sled down our new hill ... it is very slick ... we need to put in a pulley system for tow ropes though

We have a hell of a hill too, people can even go down it in the summer.  Rick went sledding the other day and ended up in the woods somewhere. ::)

;D Gee is he back home yet or should we organize a search?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on December 12, 2007, 03:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on December 12, 2007, 03:45 PM NHFT

;D Gee is he back home yet or should we organize a search?

Ha!  He's home but organizing a search, I don't know, I could've used a couple days break from him. 8)  I would have at least thrown some sleeping bags and food down in the woods with the hopes he'd find them so at least I'm not totally heartless! ;D

John

Quote from: kira_jane on December 11, 2007, 05:32 PM NHFT
I've been sitting in the sun all day. :glasses1: :sunny:

:P

A hate to pick on young folk, But you are missing something here.
The "real" snow seems to be begining a bit early here in NH.
U might be missing 2 "storms" this weekend.
This 1 started less than an hour ago in Salem, and looks "Kinda real."  :)
Be well!  PEACE.

Faber

Be careful, there's a layer of ice underneath the snow falling today, as my ass will attest . . . .

J’raxis 270145

* J'raxis looks out the window.
It is indeed snowing.

Glad I didn't go down to the PRC today. According to Amos Keag, I-93 north "looks like a parking lot" right now.

Kat Kanning

We had quite a lot of ice here in Kansas, then 5 inches of snow on it.  More snow tonight they say.

John

Quote from: Friday on December 12, 2007, 06:55 AM NHFT
Things I like about snow:

• it's beautiful
  • it creates rubber-necking fodder on the highway from the people who can't drive in it  ::)
  • it gives you an excuse to wear big fluffy sweaters that camouflage one's festive plumpness  :P
  • you can wear snowboots, which are vaguely reminiscent of the galoshes kids wear to stomp through puddles
  • scraping ice off car windows counts as a cardiovascular workout for the day
  • you can throw it at people
http://www.stonehengeusa.com/Learn%20About%20Us.htm#Memberships
:_eatsnow__by_Conuyaku:
http://www.stonehengeusa.com/Learn%20About%20Us.htm#Memberships

Hey, what in the world is going on?  Friday, you've so easily adjusted to this climate that I'm thinking you'll soon start spelling like a yankee.  
Not that I'm some kind of spell-check dude - yankee or outherwise.
MUCH PEACE!

John

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on December 13, 2007, 01:23 PM NHFTI-93 north "looks like a parking lot" right now.

Sometimes the off-shift does me justice!

Pat K

Friday

John, I visited Stonehenge last year (on a day it was snowing, come to think of it!)  I've been thinking of going back to try snow shoeing.   :_snowball__by_darkmoon3636:

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Faber on December 13, 2007, 01:04 PM NHFT
Be careful, there's a layer of ice underneath the snow falling today, as my ass will attest . . . .

If ice is a 2 and ice with grease on it is a 10, then, ice with 1/4 inch of snow on it is a 7!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Friday on December 13, 2007, 04:03 PM NHFT
John, I visited Stonehenge last year (on a day it was snowing, come to think of it!)  I've been thinking of going back to try snow shoeing.   :_snowball__by_darkmoon3636:

Friday, was it the Stonehenge in Derry, ( I think that's where it is), or the one in England, (I think that's where the huge one is)?

I think the huge Stonehenge is so strange like maybe it is a launchpad for UFOs or something.  I've read that people can really feel a weird energy pull when they have visited that one.

Friday

rainey, I was talking about the one in Salem, NH (to which John posted a link).  But I've been to the one in England, too.    :hippy2: