• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

PorcFest is gonna be real chilly if not.

John

PorcFest nights are supposed to be chilly.  For **** sake; it's not even Summer at that time.
Spring's chilly nights in NH are PERFECT for sleeping,  and various other ACTIVITYs.  8)

John

error

Quote from: John on March 02, 2008, 12:21 PM NHFT
Spring's chilly nights in NH are PERFECT for sleeping,  and various other ACTIVITYs.  8)

Don't be silly. Nobody does that at PorcFest.

Kat Kanning

John

Quote from: error on March 02, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on March 02, 2008, 12:21 PM NHFT

Don't be silly. Nobody does that at PorcFest.

Well, there may be more of it than is told.

Riddler

Quote from: kola on March 01, 2008, 07:00 PM NHFT
Lloyd, trust me, farmers are never happy with the weather...they just like to bitch, continually cry broke and collect gov money and cruise around in their cadillacs with longhorns on the hood.

kola

they'll most likely be bitching into july....cuz the fields are gonna be quagmires until then...
they'll most likely be planting a tad late...
AND, who knows what kind of a rain season we'll have this spring??
oof.

John Edward Mercier

It is really not the snow, but the soil temp. Even after the snow is gone, we have to wait. Its why so many use black sheeting to cover their beds... it helps bring the temp up.

KBCraig

What the heck is this?

I want snow, but I want it in NH. We spent the weekend in shorts and t-shirts at the park. It was 75 degrees Saturday.

People here question why I want to move to NH: "It's too cold up there!" And I respond, "There is nothing colder than 35 degrees, freezing rain, and windy. Give me -10 and four feet of snow any time!"

Lloyd Danforth

Anyone here ever read the book 'Centennial' by James Michner?

Kat Kanning

Yes, it took me a hundred years to read, though.

Lloyd Danforth

In the part of the book covering the 'dustbowl' drought in the 1930's there is this woman fighting the blowing dirt coming into her house.She keeps pushing it out, but, it is relentless, dirt everywhere, coming in the house, day after day, coming up over the windows. I think she kills herself.  I'm not ready for that yet, but, winter isn't over :P

Riddler

Quote from: KBCraig on March 04, 2008, 01:57 AM NHFT
What the heck is this?

I want snow, but I want it in NH. We spent the weekend in shorts and t-shirts at the park. It was 75 degrees Saturday.

People here question why I want to move to NH: "It's too cold up there!" And I respond, "There is nothing colder than 35 degrees, freezing rain, and windy. Give me -10 and four feet of snow any time!"

careful what you wish for.
this has been one of the most evil winters we've had in a while.
i'd kill for a 75 deg. day, right now.

KBCraig

It didn't accumulate here, but friends about 140 miles away in Arkansas got over a foot last night, and still snowing this morning.

KBCraig

Quote from: babalugatz on March 04, 2008, 08:27 AM NHFT
this has been one of the most evil winters we've had in a while.

One year ago, we heard cries of how "global warming" was destroying NH's winter tourism economy.