• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

Here's how to give me a heart attack in five easy steps:

1) Advertise snow plowing services.
2) Don't return my call.
3) Wait until a storm comes along that drops several inches.
4) Wait until I am using the snowblower to clear my own driveway.
5) Walk up my private drive, *behind* me, while the snowblower is running and I'm wearing ear protection, and suddenly appear at my elbow.

:Dragon_Ball_emoticon_by_Wereg

AntonLee

haha weatherscan showed the 5 day forecast.

Sunday:  Snow
Monday:  Snow Showers
Tuesday:  Snow
Wednesday: Snow
Thursday:  Partially Cloudy/Snow Showers
Friday:  Expected Snow

K. Darien Freeheart

This little snow is a bit more annoying than a massive snow storm.

Kat Kanning

Friday

Friday vs the Storm

Friday scores points for clearing the driveway
Storm scores points for sliding the TANSTAAFLmobile into the woods and keeping a rearview mirror as a souvenir

Winner TBD (it hasn't stopped snowing yet....)  :-\

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Friday on January 02, 2010, 10:26 AM NHFT

2) Don't return my call.
5) Walk up my private drive, *behind* me, while the snowblower is running and I'm wearing ear protection, and suddenly appear at my elbow.

Was he hansom?
Did he get lemonade?
Details?

Friday

Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 02, 2010, 01:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on January 02, 2010, 10:26 AM NHFT

2) Don't return my call.

Was he hansom?
Did he get lemonade?
Details?
He was handsome, but he's also married and should consider himself lucky he didn't get shot.  You may have heard my shriek of "Jesus CHRIST!" out in the Monadnock region when I suddenly saw a strange man standing at my elbow.

Russell Kanning

did he say"no ... but thanks for the compliment"?

about 5 inches since the start of this storm

snowblowers and 2 inches of snow at a time don't mix well

i need a little snowblower

now the wind will blow and fill in all of my work

it sure looked nice this morning though

Jim Johnson

That's not a complaint Russell, it's like Shazzam.  You yell "Jesus CHRIST!" and he appears and he kicks ass or stops a crane from falling on you. 

It's never worked for me, I don't think he likes me.

Suddenly a hansom stranger appeared at her elbow.  "Are you married?", she asked shyly.  "Yes", he said. 

Friday

Quote from: Jim Johnson on January 02, 2010, 05:06 PM NHFT
That's not a compliant Russell, it's like Shazzam.  You yell "Jesus CHRIST!" and he appears and he kicks ass or stops a crane from falling on you. 

It's never worked for me, I don't think he likes me.
yeah, same here

Suddenly a hansom stranger appeared at her elbow.  "Are you married?", she asked shyly.  "Yes", he said.
::)

I called a business five days ago and left voicemail.  Three days later, Snow Plow Man calls me back. The first thing he says is "My WIFE gave me your message."  He then says he won't tell me how much he will charge to plow my driveway until he has taken a look at it first.  He was supposed to call back later that day, but never did, that day or the next.  I figured he didn't like the looks of my driveway.   :dontknow:  Turns out, he forgot.  Now that he has seen it, his rates are quite delightfully acceptable. 

Ordinarily I would try harder to word the above to ward off the inevitable double un-thunders, but I'm just too tired to bother.  It's been a rough day.   :coffee:  I'm sleeping in tomorrow and the snowblower can... how does Becky Thatcher put it... "eat shit and die".   ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

Quotei need a little snowblower

Get a leaf blower. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

K. Darien Freeheart

My picture is too big to upload here and I'm feeling to lazy to resize it. The snow is now so deep that the only part of my porch that's visible is the hand rails, and snow is starting to cover the windows.

Pic of that probably tomorrow.

In case you don't hear from me again, it's okay. I've got enough bread to nourish me through the winter. :)