• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Becky Thatcher on December 15, 2016, 12:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 13, 2016, 05:45 AM NHFT
Becky and William said they got 8 or 10 inches on the mountain. Diggin the berm at the bottom of the driveway is a lot of work. Wish I could have helped them.
Not to worry...I'm sure there will be plenty more chances for shoveling. ;D

It's very windy and wintry here today...but at least the sun is out, the wood stove is throwing out heat, and the dragon is breathing fire.  Life is good.
'
Good on both counts... Ya'll being comfy and warm. And thank goodness you left some shoveling fun for me!   ;D

Russell Kanning

once the temps get below zero a wood stove is like a fire breathing dragon

Erroneous_Logic

not too long ago, the entire house and day to day cycle of activity in a european/north american home were centered around the hearth or woodstove. I wonder what that would be like.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on December 19, 2016, 10:43 AM NHFT
not too long ago, the entire house and day to day cycle of activity in a european/north american home were centered around the hearth or woodstove. I wonder what that would be like.
Most of the time it's quite nice...except for waking up in a house where the temperature inside is 43.1F degrees!  But if your wood is dry, the house is warm in no time.  And I have charred the butt in many a robe by standing too close to the wood stove.  William will say "Mom, your clothes are smoking, move away from the stove!"

I love having a wood stove.

Erroneous_Logic

I've never lived for more than a week or two at a time in a location where a fireplace or woodstove would be a nice thing to have. All I know is I hate hot weather.

blackie

I had a wood stove when I lived in Grafton. I was always afraid the toddlers would get burned, but it never happend. It was nice to have heat when the electricity went out for two weeks in the middle of winter.

I have been on oil heat for the last 6 years. Well, oil and electric because each 1000w grow light kicks out 4000 BTUs of heat. There were a couple of years when oil was so expensive that I didn't even turn on the heat. My bedroom was around 45F all winter.

Now that oil is cheaper, I keep the thermostat set at 58F. It's 56F in my bedroom right now.

It's -6 outside. I am about to use it to my advantage, and do some ethanol cannabinoid extraction.

Erroneous_Logic

I've been slowly turning up my AC/not turning on my heat to keep my apartment cooler and cooler, and so far I am comfortable in 68 degree temperatures. And everyone here thinks my apartment is ridiculously cold :)

Clearly I need to work that down a little further :P

Free libertarian

So,  I guess I shoulda bought that used snow blower for sale on that guys front lawn last week.   

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on December 30, 2016, 07:20 AM NHFT
  So,  I guess I shoulda bought that used snow blower for sale on that guys front lawn last week.

Did your son break his arms?

Tom Sawyer

Don't ya just hate neighbors that have no regard of property rights?

This guy comes over in the wee hours with his tractor and plowed the bottom half of our driveway.

8)

I guess Becky and William being seen shoveling while I was gone worked in my favor!

Free libertarian

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 30, 2016, 08:59 AM NHFT

Did your son break his arms?

I consulted my potential answer chart and thought, should I answer this question as if my son is the subject or the snow blower guy is the subject. 

Here's the snow blower guy as the subject.   "Why would my son break someone's arms over a used snow blower" ?

Here's my reply if my son is the subject.  "No, but if he doesn't come shovel me out, I will". 

Jim Johnson

"No, but if he doesn't come shovel me out, I will". 

"....shovel it myself."

Free libertarian

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 31, 2016, 07:17 PM NHFT

"No, but if he doesn't come shovel me out, I will". 

"....shovel it myself."

Oh thanks Jim, but I couldn't have a guy your age shoveling my snow for me.

Tom Sawyer

Erroneous_Logic