• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Erroneous_Logic

I wish I could walk through the cloud junk.

Erroneous_Logic

Speaking of white fluff, do trucks work on snowy roads without 4WD? Truly, I'm from the land of never ending ball of flaming death, I don't know snow very well when it comes to driving.

Jay

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 19, 2017, 03:46 PM NHFT
Speaking of white fluff, do trucks work on snowy roads without 4WD? Truly, I'm from the land of never ending ball of flaming death, I don't know snow very well when it comes to driving.

Winter tires are more important than 4WD. And studded winter tires are amazing.

Erroneous_Logic

What are winter tires? Do you actually keep different sets of tires for different seasons?

Jay

Quote from: Erroneous_Logic on January 19, 2017, 04:37 PM NHFT
What are winter tires? Do you actually keep different sets of tires for different seasons?

Winter tires are the same as snow tires. They have different tread patterns and a "softer" blend of rubber to grip better in cold temperatures, but that means they wear out quicker.

If your budget allows and you travel to work daily, you're smart if you have two sets.

Erroneous_Logic

I'm mildly amused that you would imagine that I know what snow tires are when I don't know what winter tires are. Here. This might help you better grasp my level of understanding when it comes to precipitation of any kind.

blackie

All weather tires on A front wheel drive vehicles seem to do ok in the winter if you don't let the tires get bald.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 19, 2017, 11:11 AM NHFT
Today
Vincent
by William

Nice picture. 

You guys realize you could make lots of money from a dog that can blow giant bubbles like that right?

Becky Thatcher

;D  Unfortunately he's like the singing frog.  If he'd realized he was on camera he never would have done it.

WithoutAPaddle

Why weren't you all at the Inauguration?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on January 20, 2017, 08:59 PM NHFT
Why weren't you all at the Inauguration?

Didn't you see me on TV at the Ball doing the Funky Chicken with our new First Lady?

WithoutAPaddle

Al Hunt just came up with a couple of good remarks on Charlie Rose:

Regarding Trump's America First bombasts, he said, wait until the next time the little guy in Korea becomes belligerent and Trump calls China for assistance and they say, "Call Taiwan."

The other was, he said Trump is indeed the great uniter.  Tomorrow (Saturday) there will be a bus going from Philadelphia to Washington for a protest that is jointly rented by a Jewish group and a Muslin group that have previously never had anything to do with one another.

Russell Kanning

every few days this winter you could drive up I-17 until you get to the new snow

Erroneous_Logic

I think you think that I have more free time than I think I have :P
Maybe I could do that on the weekends, occasionally.