• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

KBCraig

I have no idea how much we got, because it was drifting so much.

The uncovered porch rails had about 4"... but there was also that much on the covered part of the porch. The travel trailer had maybe 6" on top, but the vehicles had more like 10, and the driveway ranged from 8-15".

Probably on average, we got about 8 or 10 total.

It was light and dry and easy to move.

Russell Kanning

crazy deep in the oil fields of NE Penn
drifting and such
about 2 feet down here by the susquehanna

WithoutAPaddle

The only localized snowfall map I saw from a Boston news source had 19 inches for Laconia and 17 inches in Exeter as the deepest in what one might call the southeast region of New Hampshire.

Tom Sawyer

Snow isn't for Sissies

Some are put off by the winters up here in the northern woods. Its just part of the beauty of the four distinct seasons.

Who needs a gym membership, fall is firewood, winter is snow shoveling, spring and summer are working in the gardens.

https://youtu.be/CvyTwSHXkiE

Russell Kanning

I imagined half of the dialog in your "drill sargeant" voice.

I saw a suburu drive by me on I-86 today in NY with a foot or so of snow on top. All the other cars had been cleaned off by now.

WithoutAPaddle

Back in the mid 1970s, I-89 was closed during a storm and mine was the last car to get on, so I drove 60 miles to Hanover all by my lonesome.

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 17, 2017, 05:12 PM NHFT
I saw a suburu drive by me on I-86 today in NY with a foot or so of snow on top. All the other cars had been cleaned off by now.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/15/snow-car-roof-mass-pike-state-police-windshield/

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 17, 2017, 05:02 PM NHFT
Snow isn't for Sissies

Some are put off by the winters up here in the northern woods. Its just part of the beauty of the four distinct seasons.

Who needs a gym membership, fall is firewood, winter is snow shoveling, spring and summer are working in the gardens.

That is a very helpful dog.  ::)  ;)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on March 17, 2017, 10:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 17, 2017, 05:02 PM NHFT
Snow isn't for Sissies

That is a very helpful dog.  ::)  ;)

He keeps sayin', "I'd love to help, but it's that whole opposable thumb thing."

Russell Kanning

keeping watch

that is one crazy car
as he approaches the speed of light he only looks forward

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 18, 2017, 05:13 PM NHFT
keeping watch

that is one crazy car
as he approaches the speed of light he only looks forward

See what happens when he turns his headlights on.

jerryswife

Here in Erie, PA it started snowing yesterday, something like 39" in one day --most ever here in one day- it's gonna keep going till 4PM tomorrow, we're expecting 1-2" per hour.  We are topping the leader board in the "Snowglobe" list of snowiest cities.  5 days into winter and we've had 73.5"

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: jerryswife on December 26, 2017, 02:01 PM NHFT
Here in Erie, PA it started snowing yesterday, something like 39" in one day --most ever here in one day- it's gonna keep going till 4PM tomorrow, we're expecting 1-2" per hour.  We are topping the leader board in the "Snowglobe" list of snowiest cities.  5 days into winter and we've had 73.5"

Nobody likes a showoff Erie!

Wow, I guess we can stop whining about the 8-12 we have.