• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!

Started by Kat Kanning, November 02, 2006, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

We got 5 inches of snow.

It's cold today... but it feels like damn-cold.

jerryswife

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 27, 2017, 01:11 PM NHFT
We got 5 inches of snow.

Here in Erie, we wouldn't even notice 5 measly inches.

KBCraig

Quote from: jerryswife on December 27, 2017, 08:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 27, 2017, 01:11 PM NHFT
We got 5 inches of snow.

Here in Erie, we wouldn't even notice 5 measly inches.

Our oldest and his wife planned to come for Christmas from Fort Drum (Watertown NY), which is on the east end of Lake Ontario.

When the weather hit just as they were heading out Friday morning, they drove for three hours and made it 60 miles before turning back. If they'd made it to VT, it would have been even worse, because VT has an after-the-fact theory of plowing roads.

So, we had a merry Christmas (and happy birthday for the special princess), and got to see and/or speak to all our family via video or phone.

We're sitting at -13F right now, and Thursday's high will be -3~ish, with a low that night of -20 or lower.

No snow at those temps.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

It's a balmy -9 on the mountain this morning.

KBCraig

I went into work at noon, with bright blue skies and sunshine and -6. The forecast was right, though: we did get up to -3.

Right now it's back down to -8. It's warmer on Mount Washington!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on December 28, 2017, 07:01 PM NHFT
I went into work at noon, with bright blue skies and sunshine and -6. The forecast was right, though: we did get up to -3.

Thanks for the report from Ice Station Zebra    :o

Becky is going to scrape the ice off the window to see our temperature.  ;D

-6 here.

WithoutAPaddle

...we did get up to -3.

But it's a dry heat.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: WithoutAPaddle on December 29, 2017, 04:30 PM NHFT
...we did get up to -3.

But it's a dry heat.

:clap: :rofl:  But it is true.  I was down at my brother's house in Maryland and was freezing my ass off when the temperature was 45 degrees.

It was -14 here this morning at 5:30.  It warmed up to a balmy 4, now it's back down to 0.  It's a little nippy, methinks.

jerryswife

It's still snowing here in PA. We are up to 121" and we just keep breaking records.  Hope you all have a Happy New Year!!!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: jerryswife on January 01, 2018, 01:57 PM NHFT
It's still snowing here in PA. We are up to 121" and we just keep breaking records.  Hope you all have a Happy New Year!!!

Well dang, that's a lot of snow!

Russell Kanning

crazy watching it snow in SC on the beach on tv

Tom Sawyer

jerryswife

That's some dadgum pretty snow ya'll got there.  We got another 8" or 10" and the snowplow fairy came and cleared out our driveway.  We're up to 167.7" on the season.

Pat K

jerryswife

We're up to 181.7" of snow.  Snowiest winter ever and we occasionally get snow in May, right now some of us are hoping to crack 200" just for the hell of it.