• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Beyond Ballots or Bullets: Creating a Free America

Started by Kat Kanning, November 03, 2006, 04:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

Quote from: eques on November 16, 2006, 07:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: Michael Fisher on November 16, 2006, 05:38 PM NHFT
Gandhi was a horrible public speaker, too.

What else might you expect from a super-calloused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis?

Did you mean: super-calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis

As opposed to: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ("fantastic"?)  ???

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 16, 2006, 08:04 PM NHFT
yea ... I like the idea of mike representing our gang in provo.

Thanks for that. Provo is only a 90-minute drive for me.

eques

Quote from: Michael Fisher on November 16, 2006, 09:22 PM NHFT

What else might you expect from a super-calloused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis?

Did you mean: super-calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis

As opposed to: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ("fantastic"?)  ???

Bah, so I screwed up the punchline.  ;)

ksvanhorn

I've GOT to meet you.  Anyone who can come up with a pun like that is welcome at my dinner table anytime! ;D

eques

Quote from: ksvanhorn on November 17, 2006, 11:15 PM NHFT

I've GOT to meet you.  Anyone who can come up with a pun like that is welcome at my dinner table anytime! ;D

Oh, man, now I'm under pressure!!! ;)

[Edit] - Oh, er, and I can't claim to have come up with that one.  Still, the old brain (sorta) works!

Michael Fisher

ksvanhorn

Here's the latest in my series of articles on applying the technique of nonviolent struggle to our struggle for freedom:

The Strategic Estimate: First Step on the Path to Freedom
http://www.strike-the-root.com/62/horn/horn3.html

The strategic estimate is an idea borrowed from military planning and first applied to nonviolent conflict by retired colonel Robert Helvey.  A strategic estimate is being prepared for the Beyond Ballots or Bullets workshop in March.

My discussion in the article focuses on a nationwide struggle, but it could easily be adapted to the purposes of the New Hampshire freedom movement by narrowing its focus to just New Hampshire.  In fact, I highly recommend preparing a strategic estimate for the New Hampshire movement.

shyfrog

Quote from: Michael Fisher on November 16, 2006, 09:23 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 16, 2006, 08:04 PM NHFT
yea ... I like the idea of mike representing our gang in provo.

Thanks for that. Provo is only a 90-minute drive for me.

I am only 20 minutes (or less if I break the "law") from Provo.
Public speaking is not my bag of tricks though.

Russell Kanning

Definitely you and Mike should attend and represent us and let us know how it went.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: ksvanhorn on December 09, 2006, 11:08 AM NHFTIn fact, I highly recommend preparing a strategic estimate for the New Hampshire movement.

I can't picture doing a master plan for our freedom movement. If someone starts doing it, I will not stand in the way. But I would rather just keep taken each step forward that seems right at the time.
I guess I am guided by the Jesus/Tolstoy planning method. When people would ask Jesus what to do, he would tell them the next step. :)

error

Having a strategy makes it easier for violence lovers to counter the strategy.

Tom Sawyer

Remember when there was the talk of an organizational flow chart... ;D It would be like an Escher drawing.

Spontaneous Order seems to be the way things work so far. In the words of Roger Waters "... random precision."

The article on Digg...
http://tinyurl.com/wx4xk
Dugg it  :)

THE STRATEGIC ESTIMATE: Questions to Answer
http://freeamerica.ws/strategic-estimate-questions.html

We have been discovering some of these via CD probing raids that the bolder activists have engaged in. :icon_pirat:

eques

It seems to me that the best way to attack a centralized front would be with a decentralized attack.  That's what guerilla warfare is all about... unless I'm misunderstanding the nature of the enemy.

Yes, we should hold meetings, but then we should also disperse afterwards... don't create figureheads... don't make leaders.

Everybody who is in this conflict should understand why we're doing what we're doing.

These were the thoughts that sprang to mind, and I'm not saying they're supported... this is mostly off-the-cuff stuff.  Where I'm coming from is, the more centralized we are, the more bottlenecks we have for information.  Having leaders and figureheads create targets.  I think it's best if we can operate under the radar for as long as possible in order to be as much of a surprise as possible.  Though... it certainly is helpful to have a few outstanding targets so as to draw attention away from what's really going on (i.e., Russell and Lauren).  But that's definitely entirely up to them.

Though, I have to say, posting this semi-publicly on the Internet probably isn't the best way to do this.  :P

Pat McCotter

When I was at the Hampton protest a couple years ago a cop pulled up and asked me who was in charge. I said "Nobody. What do you need?"

I hope we don't have anybody in charge around here. A leader is supposed to tell us what to do and I haven't been told to do anything by anybody.  ???