• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"How to Stage a Coup, American-Style" -Time Magazine on the FSP

Started by BOVER, November 05, 2006, 09:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

;D ;D ;D ;D

Short, but good. The best line, about "why New Hampshire?" was this: "its low taxes and high regard for minding your own damn business proved irresistible."

My main quibble: "At a recent Free State Project meet-and-greet in Deerfield thrown by Helwig and his two housemates, also Minnesotan ?migr?s, it was clear that 20,000 is an ambitious goal. No more than a few dozen movement members from around the state showed up for the beer and pizza."

Huh? "No more than a few dozen"? This was a casual meet-n-greet! There are state LP conventions that would pay money to have a "few dozen" people show up!

I dropped the author a nice thank you note.

Kevin

Atlas

Nice coverage. I'm shocked that Time Mag would do an fsp expose.

aworldnervelink

Insurgent

This is the proverbial "15 minutes of fame" for my housemate Ron Helwig.

Congrats, Ron!

Dreepa

Yeah Lloyd as a MOD you need to delete this thread. :V:

Fluff and Stuff

I only noticed around a 1/2 dozen errors, not bad.  Also, it was not slanted against the FSP, not in the least.  I really didn't expect Time to be so nice to the FSP.  I'll have to remember to buy a few copies of this issue.

John

It will be interesting to see how the print edition compares.

Insurgent

I agree Keith, it wasn't slanted against the FSP at all, and seemed to support the movement.

This article was the distillation of many hours speaking with the reporter and photographer by many of us; board members, representatives, supporters and early movers.

The two were at our meet-n-greet for about 9 hours. Their depiction that only a few dozen people were present--at a time--was accurate. Since I was bartending, I noticed who was coming in and out and counted significantly more than that in total by the end of the morning.

The photographer also shot dozens of photos of us, which may or may not show up in the print edition.

While it may seem to be a brief and concise article, I count it as a sincere plug for the Free State Project and New Hampshire.

error

Yeah, they didn't publish Russell Kanning's name but did mention his arrest. So it wasn't as long as it could be. But overall I thought it was good.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

pamphlets that said, "Hitler had a revenue service too."

Caleb's flyer made it to Time :)

gag on democracy and uhaul

but yeah for Cathleen's comments. :)

Kat Kanning

JonM

If you go to Time's homepage, they track the most emailed stories there . . .