• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Islam

Started by Objectivist, November 07, 2006, 10:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

No, the problem is you are associating a 'state' with the people living inside certain imaginary lines.

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on November 08, 2006, 06:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: SeanSchade on November 08, 2006, 03:05 PM NHFT
I would put Evangelical Christians on the same level as Islam Fundamentalists.

I guess I missed it when Billy Graham and James Dobson ordered women beheaded in the public square for adultery. Maybe the NY Times didn't cover it when Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson had the homosexuals stoned to death. It's probably just a journalistic oversight that we don't hear about thieves having their hands chopped off in Appalachia.

::)

I do think it's a bit different when children are taught from kindergarten to kill anyone who is not a Muslim even if it means they will die in the process...and don't see any connection to fundamentalists here in this country at all.

This is ingrained in their churches/government, schools and on television and preached constantly.
To quote one Muslim, she said, "The religion is the government and the government is the religion".
So that is a philosophy of killing and a level of propaganda to which we in the USA would NEVER be allowed to get away with in our schools, or on TV. (Except for no one's talking about the guy who said we need to externimate all the white people on C-Span - he got a pass for some reason)

CNHT

Quote from: aries on November 07, 2006, 12:11 PM NHFT
I could make a slimy joke about only hoping they get you

but my answer is

No.

Ideas arent threats to freedom

But physical threats ARE.

CNHT

Quote from: castle_chaser on November 08, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFT
Religion is a choice... I think they are all wrong and a little scary  ;D

Islam is the only one that advocates and teaches killing all other non-Muslims..from birth.

Braddogg

Quote from: CNHT on January 10, 2007, 05:07 PM NHFT

Islam is the only one that advocates and teaches killing all other non-Muslims..from birth.

Are they taught that in the United States?

CNHT

Quote from: Braddogg on January 10, 2007, 05:13 PM NHFT

The concern from several Muslims in the USA is YES. They are setting up Arabic schools in the USA which teach the very same thing.
They claim it is in their 'bible'...

This is why although I believe in non-agression, that doesn't mean non-vigilance.

Suffice to say, obviously, those Muslims who are putting up the warnings do not ascribe to the government line, which proves that there ARE some individuals who don't believe in it, but they are in the minority.

Sweet Mercury

There is always this hypothetical about Extremist Islam put forth about how they want to either kill us or convert our country to an Islamic Authoritarian Regeme. As for the former, good luck. While on a localized level terrorism is truly a horror, in a nation as vast as the US terrorisim is as knats to a bull.

As for the latter, let them try to change our way of life. Let them try to restrict our freedom through social and legal means. There's a whole list of reasons why the Second Amendment is in place, and that is one of them. And government official that comes to my house to force me into a religious way of life I rejected as a free person gets taken out.

Sweet Mercury

Quote from: CNHT on January 10, 2007, 05:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Braddogg on January 10, 2007, 05:13 PM NHFT

The concern from several Muslims in the USA is YES. They are setting up Arabic schools in the USA which teach the very same thing.

This is why although I believe in non-agression, that doesn't mean non-vigilance.

Suffice to say, obviously, those Muslims who are putting up the warnings do not ascribe to the government line, which proves that there ARE some individuals who don't believe in it, but they are in the minority.
Who do you know that subscribes to the government line? Do you know any Libertarians who do?

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Eli on January 10, 2007, 04:52 PM NHFT
No, the problem is you are associating a 'state' with the people living inside certain imaginary lines.

:icon_thumleft:

MaineShark

Quote from: castle_chaser on November 08, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFTReligion is a choice... I think they are all wrong and a little scary  ;D

Yes, Christianity has such nice things to say about pagans... ::)

Methinks you haven't bothered to actually read the Koran or the Bible, have you?

I know of only one major holy book that guarantees freedom of religion.  And it ain't the Christian one...

Quote from: CNHT on January 10, 2007, 05:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Braddogg on January 10, 2007, 05:13 PM NHFTAre they taught that in the United States?

They are the minority?  Do you know how many Muslims are in the US?  If they were actually the minority, instead of the extremists, we'd be turning our houses into fortresses, right now.

Joe

penguins4me

Muslims aren't a problem, per se. The problem is the fundamentalist Muslim who abides by what his/her "holy" book teaches... which is conversion or death for non-Muslims. Islam is a religion and a system of government. Are you aware of the "Muslim quarters" in certain French cities, where the authorities can't go due to being constantly attacked and where shi'ira law has been declared? Think that'll never be a possibility in the USA?

Not that I think the gov't is in a position to do anything about it - nor should it. We, the People should deal with any such potential problem if/when it arises.

-edit
Muslim man attacks people in a "community center" and kills a woman
Muslim driver injures up to 14 people by running them down in an SUV in San Fran
The Beltway "Snipers" were Muslim
The Saudis who flew the planes into the WTC towers were Muslim

I'm sure there're more instances - I just can't think of more off the top of my head.

MaineShark

Quote from: penguins4me on February 03, 2007, 10:11 AM NHFTMuslims aren't a problem, per se. The problem is the fundamentalist Muslim who abides by what his/her "holy" book teaches... which is conversion or death for non-Muslims.

Really?  Where's it say that?

Joe

penguins4me

Quote from: MaineShark on February 03, 2007, 10:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: penguins4me on February 03, 2007, 10:11 AM NHFTMuslims aren't a problem, per se. The problem is the fundamentalist Muslim who abides by what his/her "holy" book teaches... which is conversion or death for non-Muslims.

Really?  Where's it say that?

Joe

Oh, I'm sure I saw it mentioned in there once...

Koran 9:29
Koran 4:89
Koran 9:5-6
Koran 9:123
Koran 5:9
Koran 8:39-42

... or twice.

MaineShark

Quote from: penguins4me on February 03, 2007, 04:59 PM NHFTOh, I'm sure I saw it mentioned in there once...

Koran 9:29
Koran 4:89
Koran 9:5-6
Koran 9:123
Koran 5:9
Koran 8:39-42

... or twice.

Some of those don't even say anything of the sort (5:9, for example), and the ones that do, only speak against pagans.  No worse than anything in Christianity.

And, of course, there's always 2:256 (There is no compulsion in religion...)

Joe

penguins4me

There are two categories of people under Islam: Muslims and non-muslims. Either you are a Muslim/believer, or you are an unbeliever/pagan/Christian/Jew/etc.

I believe I showed many examples of the Koran stating what should happen to non-muslims. (As for sura 5:9, I seem to have transposed the sura and verse, and 9:5 is already listed. Whoops.)

As for the conflicting directives in the Koran, the last chronological directive takes precedence (the order presented in the Koran isn't in chronological order). The "live peacefully" and "no compulsion" verses mentioned by the 'Religion of Peace' folks were written by Mohammad while he was in/around Medina. The passages I'd listed are newer than the ones promoting peace, and thus are the only ones to be followed by Muslims who truly follow the Koran.