• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Naming our Free State School project in Keene

Started by Russell Kanning, December 21, 2004, 07:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

jgmaynard

Quote from: BlueLu on December 22, 2004, 01:49 PM NHFT
Liberty Learning Center is actually the one I was (wrongly) remembering.

If you go with "Liberty Tree", I'd just call it the "Liberty Tree" and not "Liberty Tree Learning Center".

Just my 2?.? Or maybe I am up to 4? now.? ?8)

Hmmm... I personally REALLY LIKE Liberty Tree Learning Center. It has the whole "growing" thing going for it...The logo almost designs itself. :D

I'm willling to put LT and LLC on there as seperate choices, if people want.

J

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on December 22, 2004, 04:18 PM NHFT
Why?? Do you need lessons in that, Lloyd?

Hell No!
I've forgotten more about that subject then you'll ever................er.......what were we talking about?

Actually, I thought 'Screw U' would be funny.
Lloyd

John

If you use Stark,  isn't it a good idea to use Jonh Stark or Gen. John Stark?

Russell Kanning

Stark would have to be way down my list of choices.

Kat Kanning

I'm fond of Stark for personal reasons :)  It's a family name.

John Stark Revolutionary Training Center...LOL.

Russell Kanning

BlueLu

Quote from: John on December 23, 2004, 08:30 AM NHFT
If you use Stark,? isn't it a good idea to use Jonh Stark or Gen. John Stark?

Wasn't Stark also a physician?? It could be the "Dr. and Gen. John Stark Center for Learning", just to be super-pompous.

Michael Fisher

I really like the name Liberty Tree.

Will these classes be free?  Have you thought about starting up a local Free Learning Exchange group like this one?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewmarketNHFLEX/

I'll try to promote the idea locally and let you know what happens.

BlueLu

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on January 01, 2005, 09:47 PM NHFT
I really like the name Liberty Tree.

Will these classes be free?? Have you thought about starting up a local Free Learning Exchange group like this one?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewmarketNHFLEX/

I would rather not see the school limited in that way.? There might be some very worthy instructors who would like to be paid for thier efforts.? But then, maybe it will be up to some others of us to open the for-profit school.....

BTW, there was a great self-referencing school name that included Stark as both the Revolutionary War general and also the usual English meaning of 'stark' which I think someone vanished from the board.

AlanM

Not concerning the name, but the curriculum.
I would be willing to teach classes on Shakespeare that is not dry and BORING. I have been working with the New England Shakespeare Festival for the last eight years, and we are anything BUT boring. It would be a hands on approach, teaching by doing type class. Lots of fun.
Send me a message if you are interested.
Alan Milner

jcpliberty

Quote from: AlanM on January 02, 2005, 12:22 AM NHFT
I would be willing to teach classes on Shakespeare that is not dry and BORING. I have been working with the New England Shakespeare Festival for the last eight years, and we are anything BUT boring. It would be a hands on approach, teaching by doing type class. Lots of fun.
Alan Milner

Hey, sounds cool! I love Shakespeare. Favorite play of all time, "Much Ado About Nothing"

Jim P.

Lloyd Danforth

Reading Shakespeare in High School was O K, but, the real fun was seeing it performed at the, now defunct, I believe, Shakespeare Theater in Stratford, CT.
Shakespeare on The Housatonic!

Kat Kanning

Quote from: AlanM on January 02, 2005, 12:22 AM NHFT
Alan Milner

Alan, that would be awesome!  I'd love to have my daughter attend, and I'd enjoy it too. 

BTW, we were talking about running a free series on libertarian type ideas.  The rest of the classes would be for-profit, the exact fee determined by the instructor.  Each instructor would be responsible for contributing to the cost of the room ($20 or $30, depending on the size) and some money for advertising.  All the rest of the class fee would go to the instructor.

rothamerica

So, is there a final concensus on the name of the school?