• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The American Liberty Dollar

Started by jcpliberty, January 03, 2005, 01:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 18, 2005, 08:46 PM NHFT
Lori and I would love to do that, when we can get the finances together.  That way, we would have an inventory of Liberty Dollars at hand and be in a better position to promote them.  So, any ideas for creative financing?

Not sure yet. Somehow we'd need to raise $2,000 to have on hand at all times... yike! Let's just become Liberty Associates first, that is only $250 to become one. We can each become a Liberty Associate and then we should get together and write out a business plan perhaps?

JP

rothamerica

We're planning on registering as associates in February.  How about if we sponsor you?

jcpliberty

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 18, 2005, 09:19 PM NHFT
We're planning on registering as associates in February.  How about if we sponsor you?

Sponsor me?

JP

rothamerica

rothamerica

Lori and I are going to be sponsored by Fred Davideit from Hillsboro.  He is the gentleman that introduced me to the Liberty Dollar, amongst other radical things.

jcpliberty

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 18, 2005, 09:27 PM NHFT
Lori and I are going to be sponsored by Fred Davideit from Hillsboro.  He is the gentleman that introduced me to the Liberty Dollar, amongst other radical things.

I don;t understand what that means... aaaaaaahhhhhhhh ???

JP

rothamerica

The lights are on...but you're not home...your mind...is not your own...

Michael Fisher

I usually do not stand in the way of someone who is moving in the same direction as I am, but I must take a very strong stand on this issue on the basis of ethics.

REAL coin mints all over the world decorate silver and gold bullion with beautiful designs (this adds value) in an attempt to profit from the higher added value of the coin.? This is a legitimate and ethical practice.

The Liberty Dollar does not attempt to do this.? It attempts to have people "pass it off" as far more than it's worth.? This is absolutely blatantly unethical and nothing they say will ever change that.? UNLESS, of course, they decide to remove the purposely-misleading dollar ("$") value from their coins.

IN ANY CASE, if you want to do some ethical, positive action RIGHT NOW, then you should consider starting a local commodity-investment-based currency like Borsodi Constants in New Hampshire.

Borsodi Constants were a currency IN NEW HAMPSHIRE? :o created by the pro-independent-living, anti-fiat-currency activist, experimenter, and researcher Ralph Borsodi.

At some point, I will do this project if nobody else does!? ;)

rothamerica

I know all about Ralph Borsodi.  He was featured several times in The Mother Earth News, which I have faithfully read since the 1970's, and I was also fortunate enough to meet him at The Green Earth in Exeter, along with Rick Perry & Company.  He was an articulate man and I loved alot of his theories for a better and just society.  I think that bringing back the Borsodi Constant has alot of merit Mike, and I hope that maybe you can devise a plan as to how to coordinate such an effort to bring it back to the forfront of monetary exchange here in NH.  In the meantime, the Liberty Dollar is an attempt to bring about changes in our monetary system by at least backing it with something, silver and gold being better than nothing at all.  Life is a big puzzle...we need more pieces to put the picture together.  The LD is just one piece.  Maybe together, this forum can be used for something better in that area too.  I appreciate your comments.  It definitely gets me thinking.  Keep it up, my friend. 8)

AlanM

Scott,
I knew Rick Perry a little, and I think I lived down the street from Ralph Borsodi; at least I knew his name was Borsodi and he was a friend of Rick Perry's. Huh, small world.

rothamerica

Amazing how great things (and people) come full circle! 8)

AlanM

The one I know the best is Jerry Rooney's ex-wife Janet. She's a hot sketch!!! Also know Joan Harlow who, I believe had a hand in the Green Earth until she started the Loaf & Ladle. Didn't Rick Perry, Jerry Rooney, and Joan start the L & L together? I believe there was a falling out and Rick and Jerry started the Spaghetti Kitchen.

rothamerica

You do remember it well.  There was a falling out of sorts and the parties moved on to other endeavors.  Really great food at the restaurant.  Ooohhhh, I'm hungry for a Veggie & Sprout on Wheatberry.  Yum! :-X

AlanM

Quote from: Scott Roth on January 19, 2005, 10:41 PM NHFT
You do remember it well.? There was a falling out of sorts and the parties moved on to other endeavors.? Really great food at the restaurant.? Ooohhhh, I'm hungry for a Veggie & Sprout on Wheatberry.? Yum! :-X

And the Sourdough rye bread!!!! HEAVENLY!   :)

rothamerica

OK Alan, we're just gonna have to get together on your turf at a Water Street address soon.