• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The American Liberty Dollar

Started by jcpliberty, January 03, 2005, 01:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

That sounds good to me. I haven't eaten there lately, for some reason. (probably because I live in town) Hope you won't mind if I have the cheesecake. I can't possibly NOT have some.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on January 19, 2005, 09:15 PM NHFT
IN ANY CASE, if you want to do some ethical, positive action RIGHT NOW, then you should consider starting a local commodity-investment-based currency like Borsodi Constants in New Hampshire.

Borsodi Constants were a currency IN NEW HAMPSHIRE? :o created by the pro-independent-living, anti-fiat-currency activist, experimenter, and researcher Ralph Borsodi.
Tell us more Mike. Where can we find out about this.

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on January 19, 2005, 09:15 PM NHFT
I usually do not stand in the way of someone who is moving in the same direction as I am, but I must take a very strong stand on this issue on the basis of ethics.

REAL coin mints all over the world decorate silver and gold bullion with beautiful designs (this adds value) in an attempt to profit from the higher added value of the coin.? This is a legitimate and ethical practice.

The Liberty Dollar does not attempt to do this.? It attempts to have people "pass it off" as far more than it's worth.? This is absolutely blatantly unethical and nothing they say will ever change that.? UNLESS, of course, they decide to remove the purposely-misleading dollar ("$") value from their coins.

IN ANY CASE, if you want to do some ethical, positive action RIGHT NOW, then you should consider starting a local commodity-investment-based currency like Borsodi Constants in New Hampshire.

Borsodi Constants were a currency IN NEW HAMPSHIRE? :o created by the pro-independent-living, anti-fiat-currency activist, experimenter, and researcher Ralph Borsodi.

At some point, I will do this project if nobody else does!? ;)

Your idea has my interest Mike. How would you go about starting this?
Alan

Kat Kanning

Russell and I talked about it for quite a while, but got distracted doing other things.

Michael Fisher

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but I have far too many responsibilties right now, and joining this effort would only dilute my highly-diluted efforts.   ;)

You can base a currency on labor like the Ithaca Hours, or on a mix of commodities like the Borsodi Constants, or you can just try to start using real gold and silver bullion as currency.

I haven't tried it yet on others, but I will accept silver and gold, at current market values, as payment for any debt that is owed to me.

Russell Kanning

I have decided Liberty Dollars or gold/silver is the best idea. :)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on March 29, 2005, 05:43 PM NHFT

I definitely like the idea of real gold and silver bullion.

Why would anyone want to use Liberty Dollars except to make money off the ignorance of others?  Just because a lot of people are doing it, that doesn't make it right.  Look at it from an objective viewpoint...

Ron Helwig

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on March 29, 2005, 06:39 PM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on March 29, 2005, 05:43 PM NHFT

I definitely like the idea of real gold and silver bullion.

Why would anyone want to use Liberty Dollars except to make money off the ignorance of others?  Just because a lot of people are doing it, that doesn't make it right.  Look at it from an objective viewpoint...

Exactly. Switching to bullion requires an intermediary step. We need to wean the general public off the idea of FRNs. The Liberty Dollar is one of the best ways to do it.

Dave Ridley

Liberty Dollars are fine as long as you can spend them.  For me  I can't wait to get my first couple hundred bucks of LD's and see how well they work. 

Russell Kanning

The other thing you can do Mike F. is trade Liberty Dollars at whatever price you like. Like if I was paying you for PC service and didn't have any other gold coins, we could trade them at $8-9 or just as 1oz of silver. :)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: rhelwig on March 29, 2005, 06:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on March 29, 2005, 06:39 PM NHFT
Why would anyone want to use Liberty Dollars except to make money off the ignorance of others?? Just because a lot of people are doing it, that doesn't make it right.? Look at it from an objective viewpoint...

Exactly. Switching to bullion requires an intermediary step. We need to wean the general public off the idea of FRNs. The Liberty Dollar is one of the best ways to do it.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!? *tearing my hair out in frustration*

Russell Kanning

Is it really that bad?
It is not like RonH is Alan Greenspan or something. ;)

Michael Fisher

Russell Kanning

man Mike we are going to have to redirect some of that anger. :)