• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The American Liberty Dollar

Started by jcpliberty, January 03, 2005, 01:14 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

maybe I can point you at the Fed and let you go >:D

Michael Fisher

Russell Kanning

except for the tie...that could be you Mike
I fear for government bureaucrat's safety

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on March 30, 2005, 10:03 PM NHFT

Is that a guy calling Microsoft tech support or a man filling out a 1040 form?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on March 31, 2005, 07:12 AM NHFT
Is that a guy calling Microsoft tech support or a man filling out a 1040 form?

That's me looking at the Absolutely Lying Dollar thread.

"Hey, will you take this?"

"Sure, it says $10 on it..."

"Great!"  *he sneaks away slowly, looking over his shoulder as he walks away*

Elvis

I had reservations about the ALD too, but ultimately decided that it was worth doing because:

1.) Some of the margin will eventually go toward efforts to return us to the gold standard

2.) A few of the people who come across them will look into it and become more educated about the Federal Reserve.

I believe few of those who get an ALD without a speech will feel scammed.  In reality, I would guess that 9 times out of 10, we are actually selling novelties.  People think they are nifty, and bring them home to sit in a drawer, or give them to the grandkids.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: hewhocannotbenamed on March 31, 2005, 01:01 PM NHFT
I had reservations about the ALD too, but ultimately decided that it was worth doing because:

1.) Some of the margin will eventually go toward efforts to return us to the gold standard

2.) A few of the people who come across them will look into it and become more educated about the Federal Reserve.

I believe few of those who get an ALD without a speech will feel scammed.? In reality, I would guess that 9 times out of 10, we are actually selling novelties.? People think they are nifty, and bring them home to sit in a drawer, or give them to the grandkids.

Translation:

1)  The end justifies the means.

2)  The end justifies the means.

3)  People will think they're cool and never look into their true value, so they'll never know they were actually scammed.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: president on March 31, 2005, 03:37 PM NHFT
I think bartering is the only fair way to exchange things.

Let each person decide the value of what they are trading with/for.

It's also really hard to tax that type of transactions.
I like the way you think 8)

Kat Kanning

I like the idea of the alternate currencies where the two parties involved decide how much the labor or item is worth on a case by case basis.  Kinda like ebay too.

Michael Fisher

Ron Helwig

Quote from: president on March 31, 2005, 03:37 PM NHFT
I think bartering is the only fair way to exchange things.

Let each person decide the value of what they are trading with/for.

It's also really hard to tax that type of transactions.

Actually, no it's not hard to tax it. What is hard is to tax it at the incremental value.

Example: You and I trade a widget for a whatzit. The government comes in and says to you "You paid X dollars for the widget" and then turns around and says to me "you paid X dollars for the whatzit". Both sides then have to pay a 'sales tax'.

On the other hand, if I give you currency for the widget, they only get to tax one side of the transaction.

Yes, the Liberty Dollar is not perfectly aligned with Austrian anarcho-capitalist thinking, but it is a lot closer than the FRN. Also, it educates people that see it, by it's mere existance.

If you don't like it, don't use it (at least you have that choice) or even better, compete with it. If your version is superior, you will win out in fair competition.

I like that the LD is labelled with a dollar value. It means it can actually be used today, not just in some fantasy future.

Dave Ridley

The main problem I"m having with LD' is getting them , not spending them.  I keep wanting to get the best rate, buy them from another porc, etc...so I only get maybe one chance a month to buy any.  I can't wait to get more so I can spend more. 

Russell Kanning

where do you do most of your "spending"?

Scott Roth

Dada, in order to get the LD best rate, you need to become a rep.  That way, you can get all of the LD's you need at the posted rate on the LD homepage.

Dave Ridley

Russell i haven't been able to spend very many yet since I've only had liberty dolllars once...I just keep seeing opportunities...mostly any time i give cash to free staters for soemthing.    wal mart i haven't tried yet with the coins but i do understand they accept those.  they did not accept the paper the one time i tried that however.