• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I hope you can make it to the Monadnock Porcs meeting this Sunday!

Started by FTL_Ian, November 08, 2006, 10:53 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Now that the election is over, it's time to start planning for the 2007 municipal election in the City of Keene.

As campaign manager for he who shall not be named, I have been doing some research, and have a strategy.  Looking forward to discussing it with you at Sunday's meeting.

d_goddard

VOTE VOLDEMORT

why settle for a lesser evil?

P.S. Ian? A campaign manager???? Brilliant! Karma & luv to Ian 4 eva!

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on November 08, 2006, 03:44 PM NHFT
VOTE VOLDEMORT

why settle for a lesser evil?
Do you write him in when all others on the ticket are rotten? :)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: d_goddard on November 08, 2006, 03:44 PM NHFT
P.S. Ian? A campaign manager???? Brilliant! Karma & luv to Ian 4 eva!

I've done it before.  I'm more excited about my candidate this time around though, so it should be better. 

FTL_Ian

Rocketman

Quote from: Bruehound on November 09, 2006, 06:08 AM NHFT
Ian, is this going to be a campaign to win or a libertarian 'educational' campaign? PM me, as I might be able to assist from afar.

scott bludorn

Scott, I look forward to the day when you will be able to assist from anear.   ;D

Ian, glad to hear this news.  The movement needs effective campaign managers as much as it needs effective candidates.

d_goddard

Quote from: Rocketman on November 09, 2006, 10:16 AM NHFT
The movement needs effective campaign managers as much as it needs effective candidates.
.... and your rates are very reasonable, given your proven 100% success rate  :icon_pirat:

FTL_Ian

I'd like to see a clearinghouse of information from successful campaign managers so I can borrow some ideas.  Perhaps you could write something up and post it on FSBlogs?

"How We Won"
By Rocketman

Ruger Mason

Ian, glad to see some talk of electoral stuff out there in Keene.  Are Keene's elections non-partisan?

d_goddard

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 09, 2006, 10:41 AM NHFT
I'd like to see a clearinghouse of information from successful campaign managers so I can borrow some ideas.  Perhaps you could write something up and post it on FSBlogs?

"How We Won"
By Rocketman
Actually I think that kind of knowledge is best shared on the NHFree Wiki (or on any wiki in general as opposed to a blog or forum format)

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Ruger Mason on November 09, 2006, 11:39 AM NHFT
Ian, glad to see some talk of electoral stuff out there in Keene.  Are Keene's elections non-partisan?

Yes, but that's all the better for my plan.

Rocketman

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 09, 2006, 10:41 AM NHFT

"How We Won"
By Rocketman

I will be writing a detailed analysis of the election and lessons learned.  I'm not sure what form it will take, or how it will be disseminated.  I'll probably write it while I'm in WV from Thanksgiving through Xmas, unless I'm inspired to write it before then.

I also fully intend to make myself useful as a consultant to any pro-liberty campaigns I can help.  The last few months have been a crash course in this for me, and I'll be more than happy to share what I've learned.

FTL_Ian

Make sure you post a link on this forum perhaps in the political section, please.

Dave Ridley

running to win in this case doesn't make much sense, but running to create a debate, or just to make sure Blastos doesn't get another free ride...that seems like an achievable goal.  Doing the latter will free you guys up from the need to candycoat everything.  You're probably not going to do that anyway.  Why not turn the near impossibility of a win into an advantage and have fun with it?

One of the things I can't stand is when politicians say they expect to win and it's obvious there's little chance they will.  It's an indicator they're not honest.   It would be refreshing to have a candidate admit they are a longshot. 

FTL_Ian

Heh... we can run to win and have fun.  More details on the plan coming soon.