• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Frank Gonzalez almost beat incumbent Bush Republican Lincoln Diaz-Balart

Started by tracysaboe, November 08, 2006, 12:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tracysaboe

This is the guy who ran as Libertarian in a 2-way race against Diaz-Balart 2 years ago and recieved no help from the libertarian party or even the Badnarik campain. He campained as a Democrat this time on a libertarian platform. I truly believe this guy would be the Democrat version of Ron Paul if he won. He's trying again in 2 years. Pleast read his release.

Too Bad.
TRacy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frank J. Gonzalez
Nov. 7 candidate for Florida's U.S. House Dist. 21 vs. incumbent Bush Republican Lincoln Diaz-Balart
Post Office Box 832586
Miami, FL 33283-2586
cell:  786-287-7491
Email address:  voteliberty@...
Official campaign site:  www.electfrank.org
Facebook campaign site:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500078956
MySpace campaign site:  www.myspace.com/gonzalezforcongress
Email list of campaign updates & issues commentary:  www.groups.yahoo.com/group/gofrank/

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state."

--founder of the Democratic Party, 3rd President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Activists and voters,

Feel free to repost this.

I know that NBC6 (http://www.nbc6.net/politics/9729487/detail.html) and today's Miami Herald (11/08/06) are reporting that we received 49% of the vote.

CNN reports that we received 41% of the vote (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/FL/H/21/).

I think the latter is correct unless there's something I don't know.  Given how easy it is for hackers to tamper with these results, I can't be sure.  I do have my doubts.

--------------------------------

Consider how much money each of us spent, according to the FEC website, http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/srssea.shtml, correct me if I'm wrong:

Bush Republican Lincoln Diaz-Balart spent $641,077 and received 65,368 votes.  This equals $9.80 per vote.

I spent $11,472 and received 44,972 votes.  This equals just $0.26 per vote.

This supposedly "unbeatable" incumbent outspent me by nearly 56 to 1 only for what I would consider, if I was in his shoes, an embarrassing single-digit margin of victory, and only by refusing in cowardice to debate me publicly on Michael Putney's Sunday morning political TV show.

Libertarian candidate, Michael Badnarik, who also ran for U.S. House this year in a 3-way race in Texas's 10th District, spent over $402,309, yet received 19,648 votes, equal to 4%.  This equals $20.48 per vote.

In 2002, I was the Libertarian in a 3-way race in Illinois's 5th U.S. House District.  I raised no money and had no volunteers.  I received 4.5% of the vote.

DFA-endorsed John Courage, who spent $207,123, received 49,675, equal to 24%.  This equals $4.17 per vote.

Those of you preferring each of these for your own reasons, compare this to my results and draw your conclusions.  The only thing I wish I could have done better was get the word out about my particular campaign, with my particular strategy and perspective on issues, more widely.  A little more time and money could have done the trick and we would have won.  We have the winning combination that NO Democrat has EVER had in District 21.

I promised that I would run again in 2008 ONLY if I received more than 40% in my 2006 race.  I did, so I will keep my promise.

The one condition is that people remember that I will not take the easy path for qualifying on the ballot by paying the 6% fee, like so many others do.  This is unethical and should also be illegal.

I will only qualify by the honorable petition method, but I also won't collect 97% of my own 5,500 signatures like I did in 2006.  I need to see my investment of time and effort taking root from the seeds of hopeful activism I have sown in District 21.  I will need 40 reliable volunteers to each pledge to collect 100 valid signatures from their family and friends who are registered to vote in District 21.  They must execute this task AFTER 12/31/07, during the window of opportunity from 01/01/08 through 04/10/08--this equals a paltry 1 signature per day!  Remember, this is already just 1 year and 2 months away.

This will reveal how many people who have expressed their support mean it with more than words.

---------------------------------

I'm aware that some Democrats who fancy themselves "important" will now have their eye on this district in 2008 thanks to the incredible effort and results of our 2006 campaign.  But remember, they were nowhere when it counted.  Are you going to vote for more of these kinds of fair-weather politicians in the future, or are you finally going to trust that we can get us to victory with INTEGRITY?

----------------------------------

Lastly, let's remember that voter turnout in Miami-Dade County was a contemptible 37%.  This was not the fault of Republicans, Democrats, pedophile priests, Karl Rove, bad weather, holidays or uninspiring candidates.  This horrendous indifference reaffirms the observation that the "sheople" get exactly what they deserve by their silence.  Hence the phrase "the silence of the lambs".

We have a lot to do.  We will be posting a notice for a planning meeting for our 2008 race soon, after we've recovered from 2006.

I am deeply grateful to the many true and trusting activists who deliberately chose to help our race on the front lines on my schedule and strategy, not theirs.  I am deeply grateful to the financial contributors who chose our race, despite stupid conventional wisdom spouted by know-nothing pundits, to send hundreds if not thousands of dollars--you definitely got your money's worth and I hope you will remember us in 2008!  I am also deeply grateful to everyone who contributed their extremely valuable talents FREE OF CHARGE despite the hardship it cost them in sweat equity and time, just like it cost me.

Onward and upward.

Replies encouraged.

FrankChodorov

in case anyone was wondering...Frank was endorsed by the national Democratic Freedom Caucus (of which I am the NH chair) and AGREES with our principle that law-based property (privilege) that allows exclusive use and concentration of natural resources is patently ANTI INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY because it eventually always ends up violating the ABSOLUTE right to labor-based property which is the basis for property rights!

Atlas

Way to go Frank. I'll support you in '08. I didn't even know about Frank this time around. Just think how Frank would've done with Badnarik's money.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Rebel on November 14, 2006, 02:07 PM NHFT
Way to go Frank. I'll support you in '08. I didn't even know about Frank this time around. Just think how Frank would've done with Badnarik's money.

He could not have won.  The district is very heavy Republican.  The mainstream Democrats ignore it because it was created for Republicans to win.  Frank is gonna run again and lose again (3 times in a row).  Hopefully we can get him to come to NH after his next lose.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Keith and Stuff on November 14, 2006, 09:17 PM NHFT

He could not have won.  The district is very heavy Republican.  The mainstream Democrats ignore it because it was created for Republicans to win.  Frank is gonna run again and lose again (3 times in a row).  Hopefully we can get him to come to NH after his next lose.

yeah there are a lot of cuban voters to pander to here...

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: FrankChodorov on November 14, 2006, 10:12 PM NHFT

yeah there are a lot of cuban voters to pander to here...
What is your point?  Do you not like certain Democrats because of their ethnic background?  You would fit right in where I live :)

tracysaboe

Make that 4. This was his 3rd time.

Tracy