• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Plymouth Area Liberty Lovers

Started by Jason Rand, November 14, 2006, 07:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Rand

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, I was so excited about the good things I envision for the Plymouth area.  We had 10 people show up yesterday for pizza, conversation, and brainstorming.  We still need to come up with a good name, since we generally agreed that Plymouth Area Liberty Lovers could be improved upon (and I never meant for it to be permanent anyway).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Braddogg

Quote from: Jason Rand on November 19, 2006, 01:49 PM NHFT
We still need to come up with a good name, since we generally agreed that Plymouth Area Liberty Lovers could be improved upon (and I never meant for it to be permanent anyway).

Heh.  PALLs, pronounced "pals."

Tyler Stearns

Quote from: Jason Rand on November 19, 2006, 01:49 PM NHFT
I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, I was so excited about the good things I envision for the Plymouth area.  We had 10 people show up yesterday for pizza, conversation, and brainstorming.  We still need to come up with a good name, since we generally agreed that Plymouth Area Liberty Lovers could be improved upon (and I never meant for it to be permanent anyway).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I too envision some great things.  I have been plagued by the whole name thing.  All I know is that it should have the words "Plymouth" and "Liberty" in there.  I agree that Plymouth Area Liberty Lovers can be improved upon.

Any suggestions would be great!

eques

I would think that "PALL" would probably be an acronym one should shy away from (i.e., think "pallbearers").

Squam Lake Liberty Association? - SLLA
Tenney Mountain Libertarians? - TML
Plymouth Regional Liberty Group? - PRLG (haha, that looks like "prolog")
Lovers of Liberty That Abide In and Around Plymouth? - LoLTAIaAP

I suppose one question to ask is, how far does this region extend?  Is Plymouth considered the "hub" and therefore should be in the name, or what?

Raineyrocks

QuoteHeh.  PALLs, pronounced "pals."

I like that, it's cool! 

Tyler Stearns

Quote from: eques on November 19, 2006, 02:39 PM NHFT
Plymouth Regional Liberty Group? - PRLG (haha, that looks like "prolog"

I suppose one question to ask is, how far does this region extend?  Is Plymouth considered the "hub" and therefore should be in the name, or what?

I like that name.  I think plymouth is the kind of the center of this area.  If you are determining the size of the area by plymouth regional high school then it would include Thornton, Campton, Plymouth, Wentworth, Rumney, Ashland, and Waterville Valley.  But for the sake of our cause I think it can be stretched a little larger.

eques

Perhaps "Plymouth Regional" wouldn't be as good a name for it as it might make locals think it had something to do with the high school (which I'm sure we wouldn't mind--get 'em while they're young, right? ;)).

Hmm... how about...

heh.

Plymouth Metro Liberty Group (yeah, I know--metro?  I'm stretching here, I know, I know)
Plymouth's Own Liberty League - POLL

;)

Vote Tyler Stearns

Plymouth Area Liberty Forum
Plymouth Liberty Forum
Lakes Region Liberty Forum

I like the word "Forum" in the name.

It was great meeting all of you last night. 

Ron Helwig

Freedom Lovers Of Plymouth  (FLOP) :P

Quantrill

If you want to increase membership and pique everyone's interest, just use the name of the band from the movie PCU:  Everybody Gets Laid.

;D

Jason Rand

Plymouth Area Liberty Network
Plymouth Liberty Network
Plymouth Liberty Advocates Network (PLAN)

aries

Jason just gave me a call and pointed out this thread. I don't usually come into Lakes, I guess I will more often!
I was house sitting over the weekend so if would have been impossible for me to make this any way, but I'm bummed that I missed the second life event. I thought it was Friday and had connection problems.

Ah, well, I am still here in Plymouth on weekdays except most of Friday, and I'll be coming on this sub forum now too.

As for a name, I think something standard sounding would be fine, Plymouth region Libertarians, almost anything would be fine. The NRA's got an easy acronym.

Vote Tyler Stearns

Tyler Stearns

Here are my top favorites so far:

Plymouth Liberty Network
Plymouth Liberty Advocates Network
Plymouth Liberty Forum
Plymouth Liberty Association
Plymouth Regional Liberty Group

What is everyone else thinking?

eques

I like mine:

Plymouth Regional Liberty Group.

But then, I'm biased.  ;)

We should probably just make a poll and let it go to a vote... or adopt multiple names for the same organization!!!  ;)